Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

last nights data flat-lined this morning?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
larrystein
Weather Station: WH1080

last nights data flat-lined this morning?

Post by larrystein »

I turned on my PC this morning and Cumulus did not show the moving bar that I usually get. It showed the downloading window but the bar did not move. When I went to look at the data in graphs it was all flat-lined from when I switched off last night.

I have recently updated from an older version and am not quite up to speed with the new one yet.

Whilst checking out my diagnostic files etc. I noticed I seem to be missing lots of monthly data files. Also in Dayfile.txt, in the editor, there is a big gap between 04/02/10 to 15/10/11. I have no clue as to where these went. However if anyone who lives near me would like to help, I could possibly add copies of their data files for these dates if it is possible to do so?

What do you think I can do to fix this? If I'm stuck with it the way it is I might as well delete all the data for 2009 to today and start again. I don't want to do this obviously but if there is no other way to fix it then I have no choice.

Larry
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: last nights data flat-lined this morning?

Post by steve »

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it, I'll investigate the 'flat line' issue. I can't help with the missing data, I think you must have been running Cumulus in a different location on your PC between those dates.
Steve
larrystein

Post by larrystein »

Here they are.

Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Those files are from September 2009.
Steve
larrystein

Post by larrystein »

I don't know what the H E double hockey sticks happened there. They looked fine before I zipped them. Maybe I sent a previously zipped set with out looking at the content. I will try that again.

Thanks again.

Larry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
larrystein

Post by larrystein »

Oh! I forgot to say thanks for that idea about my other files being in the wrong place. I had installed Cumulus in programs folder and the stupid windows system put the data in some other place. Found them and reinstated most of my data.

Thanks again for that idea.

Larry
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You've told Cumulus not to download historic data from the logger, so it didn't.

This setting:
Station settings_2012-01-16_19-02-21.png
Steve
larrystein

Post by larrystein »

I thought that was for a different weather station that's why I turned it off. luckily I only turned it off a day or so ago so no real harm done.

Thanks for pointing out my stupid mistake. Boy, do I feel dumb.

Larry
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

larrystein wrote:Boy, do I feel dumb.
Don't worry about it. I'm trying to put a Land Rover back together without having taken any photos before I dismantled it, so I know just how that feels :lol:
Steve