Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.5 (build 3282) - 23 February 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

The inside of the ws-1081

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
risiss
Weather Station: Thermor 265nc

Re: The inside of the ws-1081

Post by risiss »

my station (transmitter),a week ago was at about 200 feet and at eye level and had no problem of reception as long as the receiver was on the window shelf .Ive changed the location because of the kids always playing around it hehehe. Now its about 75 feet on an old electric post just beside the new electric post and about 5 feet of the main power lines.All data received are clear,no interferences due to power lines so my advice is go for this one hehehe.

the only thing is that its not updating datas as often as id like.its updating every 40 seconds.Id like it to go instant transmission hahaha
Mike60
Weather Station: WH-2080, WS-2357.
Operating System: W7-Pro

Post by Mike60 »

Thank you

I collect information about different meteo station and finaly I see what I buy.

Mike

PS. My La Crosse work impeccable but .......
PS1. About your problem try to write - http://users.otenet.gr/~meteo/fastupdate.html
risiss
Weather Station: Thermor 265nc

Post by risiss »

ok...

ive visited yhe link and sent him an email...lets wait and see 8-)
hans
Weather Station: wh1080 /ws4000(alecto)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by hans »

Nice to see this is alive again.
looks like the WS can be "upgraded" more
especially increasing the sendtime from 48 to 8 seconds would be nice.

@mike60,
not at all,keep those ideas coming.

myself i have extended the weather relation to planetracking.
depending the wind direction ,i am in the landing/take-off path(schiphol-amsterdam),also nice to see them fly around a thunderstorm.
Mike60

Post by Mike60 »

@risiss

Thanks

High of my digit ( station ) are only 10mm :x

Mike
Mike60

Post by Mike60 »

For all user with WS1080 or 1081 please write here.
WS1080 are manufactured Fine Offset. OK ?
WS1083 looks like WS1080 but are 433MHz transmiter and are La Crosse :D with Cumulus
http://www.lacrossetechnology.co.nz/pro ... -with-usb/
Do you know about this ?

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

That WS1083 is not a La Crosse, it's a Fine Offset. It just happens that the shop selling them are called La Crosse Technology, who now also sell Fine Offset stations :)
Steve
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

Interesting that the screen shots they show are of Cumulus and not EasyWeather!
:D
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
shamrockspider
Weather Station: WS1081
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by shamrockspider »

Mike60 wrote: WS1083 looks like WS1080 but are 433MHz transmiter and are La Crosse :D with Cumulus
http://www.lacrossetechnology.co.nz/pro ... -with-usb/ Mike
steve wrote: That WS1083 is not a La Crosse, it's a Fine Offset. It just happens that the shop selling them are called La Crosse Technology, who now also sell Fine Offset stations

The same outfit also trades under the name of Scientificsales. http://www.scientificsales.co.nz/wirele ... h-usb.html If you do a whois on both URL's they point back to the same person.

La Crosse Technology also sells the WS1083 and other Wx stations etc on the local online auction site here in NZ http://www.trademe.co.nz/Members/Listin ... ber=732403 for a lot less than what is the stated price on their retail website.

I got mine through Trademe and the manual that came with it pointed to the scientificsales site for download of the software. http://www.scientificsales.co.nz/software.html They do have Easy weather available too but seem to push Cumulus. They currently only have V1.8.6 available from their website.
Regards Kevin (Shamrockspider)
http://www.shamrockspider.com/wx/

bruce45
Weather Station: wh1081
Operating System: windows 10

Post by bruce45 »

Cumulus is a FREE Software package designed for our WS1081 & WS1083 Professional Weather Station.

Please Check Images for Screen Shots in the above Tab.

Cumulus is a program for retrieving, storing and displaying data from an electronic Automatic Weather Station (AWS).

Cumulus will store full weather records, along with daily and all-time records, and graphical data. Cumulus can upload its data to a web server and comes packaged with templated web pages for this purpose. Cumulus also supports automatic uploads to Weather Underground and CWOP/APRS.

Cumulus works with the Davis Vantage Pro and Vantage Pro2 weather stations, and the Oregon Scientific WMR-928 and WM-918 weather stations, and related models.

Cumulus is in use on our own Davis Vantage Pro2 weather station, and our data are uploaded to our weather website: Sanday Weather. The web template in use there is packaged with Cumulus, and the commented CSS file is included in order that users may adapt it for their own use, changing the colours and background image as desired. You can, of course, write your own web pages from scratch, and use the ‘web tags’ feature to make Cumulus insert your weather data at the appropriate places. See the help file for more details.

did you no about this steve

Scientificsales
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Yes, Craig (scientific sales) is a forum user, he posted just the other day. He contacted me before putting the stuff about Cumulus on his web site.
Steve
hans
Weather Station: wh1080 /ws4000(alecto)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Post by hans »

thanks steve for the sticky,should be usefull/easier for others.
together with the sticky-topic from Gina about the sensors,we could find out everything about the station.
unfortunately i had a major crash of my HD and motherboard failure so i lost a lot of stuff about the vane and its connections and resistance values etc.
they should still be somewhere here on the forum so if Gina could copy/paste them in her sensor topic(feel free to copy them from my site),then it all would be in one place.
still trying to find and rescue things to my netbook which now at least keeps my site running.
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

hans wrote:thanks steve for the sticky,should be usefull/easier for others.
together with the sticky-topic from Gina about the sensors,we could find out everything about the station.
unfortunately i had a major crash of my HD and motherboard failure so i lost a lot of stuff about the vane and its connections and resistance values etc.
they should still be somewhere here on the forum so if Gina could copy/paste them in her sensor topic(feel free to copy them from my site),then it all would be in one place.
still trying to find and rescue things to my netbook which now at least keeps my site running.
I'm glad your thread has been found again, hans :) I have the resistor values and circuit of the wind vane from the full size version of the circuit board photo so I'll post that. I think I checked it against your values at the time but I'll see what I can find as final check.

Good luck with your data recovery.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
hurring
Weather Station: Fineoffset WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by hurring »

This is an excellent thread, love the pictures. Does anyone know if I can by a pressure sensor (barometer) any where to try and replace mine and get it working correctly?
cheers
Adrian
View my station at Inverleigh, Victoria, Australia
http://home.people.net.au/~geelongrcgli ... 20weather/
StuartW
Weather Station: Maplin N96FY
Operating System: XP SP3

Post by StuartW »

Has anyone investigated replacing the receiver antenna with a highly directional yagi? Also has anyone looked into decoding the signal from the transmitter itself, maybe using a radio scanner and PC interface?

Stuart