Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Outside Relative Humidity on WH1080

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Mike D
Weather Station: Watson W8681

Re: Outside Relative Humidity on WH1080

Post by Mike D »

You just reminded me, I do have a digital thermo-hygrometer I use for another hobby. I have put that outside and it is reading 87% RH and the temp is a fraction (0.4 deg c) off that of the weather station.

My wind speed is now clocking 41mph and the humidity on the station is now down to 50%. This must be down to exposure and evaporation. It has stopped raining though, and there was a bright thing in the sky ;)
Repairman77
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: XP pro SP3

Post by Repairman77 »

I could be wrong but I seem to remember seeing the fact that, apart from heat waves, the Humidity in the UK rarely goes below 60%; perhaps someone who keeps records could confirm?
Mike.
Retired Radio and Electronics Engineer residing in Cambridgeshire, UK.
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

The outside RH reading on my WH1081 never seemed to drop below 90% until I aspirated my home made Stevenson screen. I still think it gives some strange readings at times, though. I'm currently using a round screen about 9" OD (full info on my weather website - see sig) and have been wondering if a larger, more standard Stevenson screen would be better. Removing the cover of the temp/rh/tx unit might be another idea.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.