Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

watson 8681

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
JIM
Weather Station: watson 8681
Operating System: vista

watson 8681

Post by JIM »

Hi,
The rain senser on my watson 8681 is not working, i have removed the spider which lived there...if i move the little see-saw arrangement to and fro i get a reading on the display indoors okay thats when its at ground level....put it back on the pole and even with heavy rain for a hour it does not show any increase in the reading....have made sure the sensor is completely clean no debris....any ideas???
thanks Jim..........
Charlie
Weather Station: 1wire-Cumulus & Fine Offset
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: watson 8681

Post by Charlie »

Did you try pouring water in it at ground level, or just moving it with your finger? It might still have something creating resistance to tipping and the weight of water is just not sufficient - implying more cleaning.

If you poured water and it counted fine, then it's an electrical connection that's bad. Make sure the connector is not corroded and is properly seated. If you have extended the cable, then check your joints, etc.

The good news is it's something simple, while it may be the devil to track down.
JIM
Weather Station: watson 8681
Operating System: vista

Re: watson 8681 rain gauge remady

Post by JIM »

Please see my posting on Genaral discussions page
Jim