Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Newbie Question (Plea for Help) and a Suggestion

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
RobG4ROB
Weather Station: Watson W-8681

Newbie Question (Plea for Help) and a Suggestion

Post by RobG4ROB »

Hi All
First of all Happy New Year... have a Great 2009

Now for the question...

I have been using a W8681 for 14 months now... and of course have a data file to suit.
I downloaded The latest version of Cumulus three days ago and am currently trying to get to grips with the functions.

Question: Is there any way I can import the saved EW data for use with Cumulus ? I have checked the EW data file and see it has a very similar format but duplicates the D/M/Y and time info at the start of the file... ie D/M/Y H/M/S D/M/Y H/M/S. It would be nice to be able to import the past years data and use it with Cumulus

Question: I notice a glaring error on data shown in View/This Year... for 2008 I have
Mean Min 329.8 C
Mean Max -167.2 C
Highest Min 999.0 C on 29/12/2008
Lowest Max -500 C on 29/12/2008 (the day I installed Cumulus)

All other data seems OK.

A friend who has an identical system installed Cumulus yesterday and does not have the same problems....

Was my installation corrupted ?

Suggestion: I am a dealer selling the W-8680 and currently display / demo it alongside the AirNav radarBox Virtual radar system on a 36" LCD Monitor in our shop.
EasyWeather screens can be re-sized to allow both programs to be shown at the same time... Cumulus cannot and is always full screen. Could the screen be made to be re-sized ?

OK.. thats about it for now....

My sincere Thanks to the Author of Cumulus... we are advising all our customers to move over to Cumulus in preference to EW.... I hope many do so and see fit to make a generous donation... I am doing so in the next day or so.

All the Best to all on the Forum

Rob G4ROB Nottingham
:D
Best Regards
ROB G4ROB
www.g4rob.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Newbie Question (Plea for Help) and a Suggestion

Post by steve »

RobG4ROB wrote:Question: Is there any way I can import the saved EW data for use with Cumulus ? I have checked the EW data file and see it has a very similar format but duplicates the D/M/Y and time info at the start of the file... ie D/M/Y H/M/S D/M/Y H/M/S. It would be nice to be able to import the past years data and use it with Cumulus
I think someone here has semi-automated this...
Question: I notice a glaring error on data shown in View/This Year... for 2008 I have
Mean Min 329.8 C
Mean Max -167.2 C
Highest Min 999.0 C on 29/12/2008
Lowest Max -500 C on 29/12/2008 (the day I installed Cumulus)
You've got a entry in dayfile.txt with the 'default' values in, which can happen under a very limited set of circumstances. Did you shut down just before midnight? This should be fixed in the 1.8.5 beta. You should be able to get rid of the data by stopping Cumulus and removing the offending line from dayfile.txt (or correct it with the data from Dec08log.txt, if you can be bothered).
EasyWeather screens can be re-sized to allow both programs to be shown at the same time... Cumulus cannot and is always full screen. Could the screen be made to be re-sized ?
I used to have it resizing and it automatically re-scaled everything so you could see everything still. But this caused problems so I fixed the screen to work on a 1024x768 display. It would be easy to allow simple resizing with scroll bars in the way Easyweather does, I could add this to the next 1.8.5 beta build. Others have asked for resizing and I've always said no, but I assumed they didn't want scroll bars.

Steve
RobG4ROB

Post by RobG4ROB »

Thanks for the Reply Steve..
I will check out your ideas right away... and Yes I did shutdown just before Midnight so I guess thats the problem this end.
OK on the Scroll bars... that would be fine for our needs

Thanks again for the reply...

Happy New Year to all
Best Regards
ROB G4ROB
www.g4rob.co.uk
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

RobG4ROB wrote:I will check out your ideas right away... and Yes I did shutdown just before Midnight so I guess thats the problem this end.
The beta should fix that, hopefully. Fix it as in: stop it happening again, that is.
OK on the Scroll bars... that would be fine for our needs
OK, I'll change it, it's a very easy change. I think I'll still leave the maximum size as it is, but allow it to get smaller with scroll bars.

Steve
RobG4ROB

Post by RobG4ROB »

Just to confirm I re-named dayfile.txt and edited the entries that were causing the problem... saved the edited file as dayfile.txt and launched Cumulus... Problem SOLVED

Thanks again Steve for the work... it really IS appreciated... Honest !!

Happy New Year to all
Best Regards
ROB G4ROB
www.g4rob.co.uk