Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How often is your sensor system sending data?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
fractonimbus
Weather Station: WH1091
Operating System: Windows 7 on a Dell Vostro

How often is your sensor system sending data?

Post by fractonimbus »

When I run Easyweather, it tells me records are set to be sent/received every 5 minutes by my WH1091.

However the "manual" is atrocious, and it's not obvious how things work: does the base station query the sensor box, or does the box transmit in some pre-ordained schedule?

What have people set their transmission cycle to?

Thanks

fracto
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: How often is your sensor system sending data?

Post by steve »

The transmitter sends a set of external sensor readings every 48 seconds. The console receives this data and adds in the internal readings, and writes the whole set of internal and external data to a location in memory. This continues every 48 seconds until the user-configured logger interval is reached; the console then moves on to the next location in memory and starts writing data to that location, every 48 seconds, leaving the previous memory location 'frozen' to act as the 'history' entry.
Steve
fractonimbus

Post by fractonimbus »

Thanks, Steve. So should I use Easyweather to get the base station to report, say, every minute in order to get the most up to date data available for Cumulus to update realtime.txt online?

DN
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

fractonimbus wrote:So should I use Easyweather to get the base station to report, say, every minute in order to get the most up to date data available for Cumulus to update realtime.txt online?
The minimum that you can set the logger interval to is 5 minutes. But the logger interval isn't relevant to realtime.txt. As far as getting the most up to date data for realtime.txt, that's happening automatically anyway, every 48 seconds or so. Cumulus doesn't actually know when the console is going to update, so it re-reads the data every 10 seconds. So at worst it's reading the data 9 or 10 seconds after it's updated.
Steve
fractonimbus

Post by fractonimbus »

Impressive. Thanks.

DN
andrewinpopayan
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Suse Linux 11.2

Post by andrewinpopayan »

The console expects to receive a transmission every 48 seconds, if the console does not receive a valid transmission within about 8 minutes then you get the "bars" on the console and gaps in your data.

The 48 second transmission is fixed inside the transmitter.