Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Nat. Geo. 265NC / Cumulus 1.7.17 / Weather Underground

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
GeniSim
Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC

Re: Nat. Geo. 265NC / Cumulus 1.7.16 / Weather Underground

Post by GeniSim »

Bad rain data, the saga continue.

By-passing EasyWeather using Cumulus 1.7.16 is very convenient but it is not solving the bad rain data issue. It turned out that the bad data is coming from the station itself so it is up to the software receiving the data to filter out that bad data. Cumulus 1.7.16 is not doing this filtering so it is reporting wrong rain data.

So far the more reliable setup I had was the EasyWeather 1.0 / Cumulus 1.7.14 combination, but in order to filter out the bad data you must kill and restart EasyWeather every 10 minutes and erase the easyweather.dat file every day like I was doing in August.

Despite that, I will continue to use Cumulus 1.7.17 beta in direct mode right now in order to help Steve, so my station will report bad rain data like below. yet, it is interesting to notice my IQUEBECJ3 Weather Underground station is not reporting yesterday and today bad rain data.

Marc
cumulus1.7.17.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I'm not sure the Easyweather rainfall problem is the same as the Cumulus rainfall problem. I think that when the Easyweather problem starts, the rainfall just keeps going up, but with Cumulus it's one big jump.

It may actually be the same problem, I suppose, if it's bad data from the station, but Easyweather and Cumulus maybe just behave differently when it happens. Hopefully the debug log will reveal all when it happens again.

Steve
Steve
GeniSim

Post by GeniSim »

National Geographic 265NC / Cumulus 1.7.17 / Personal Weather Stations

Cumulus is now offering to send data to the Personal Weather Stations website, so I also created a station there and I am happy to report that it is working quite fine: http://www.pwsweather.com/obs/GENISIM.html

Marc :D
PWS2.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marc

GeniSim

Post by GeniSim »

National Geographic 265NC / Cumulus 1.7.17 / Weather Underground / Weather Exchange

It is interesting to note that when you have an active Weather Underground station like I have thanks to Cumulus: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstat ... phspan=day,
you can use the free Weather Exchange software to look at your station data: http://www.ambientweather.com/weex1.html which is very convenient. No need to buy anything from Ambient Weather. Remember that in North America, you can buy a National Geographic 265NC weather station from Wal-Mart for less than $100.

Marc ;)
underground.gif
exchange.gif
Marc