Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Sudden drop in pressure values - help needed

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Re: Sudden drop in pressure values - help needed

Post by tjaliwalpa »

These things are available on eBay for around $115 including postage (last time I looked) for a complete new unit. That's how I got my WH-1081 about 3 months ago.

Bob
Bob
hills
Weather Station: Fine Offset WH1091
Operating System: Raspbian Buster

Post by hills »

tjaliwalpa wrote:These things are available on eBay for around $115 including postage (last time I looked) for a complete new unit. That's how I got my WH-1081 about 3 months ago.

Bob
I got my WH1091 brom the bay too. They are there now for $101 including delivery. I think mine arrived in 3 days.
hurring
Weather Station: Fineoffset WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by hurring »

Yeah I picked this one up from Ebay as well and I had no response from the seller when I wanted to get it replaced. Now it is out of warranty and I am stuck with a broken unit. I think I will wait for the solar unit to become available in Australia before replacing it.
Adrian
View my station at Inverleigh, Victoria, Australia
http://home.people.net.au/~geelongrcgli ... 20weather/
hurring
Weather Station: Fineoffset WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by hurring »

werribee_au wrote:Hi Adrian, I didn't.

Like you I really don't want to buy a complete unit, but in saying that a spare set of outdoor sensors for replacement parts would be handy.

I called Jaycar (Werribee) and the Assistant Manager I spoke to last Monday said something about a $30 (He wasn't really sure) fee to have the console looked at and the parts on top of that if required. I asked for a replacement console so he phoned the supplier/repairer and they said that there was no process to supply a console only and even if they did they would not guarantee that it would work with the existing station. I think in here we know a little better than that. My guess is that the supplier is only that and they would not break open a box to sell only a single part of it. :cry:

But the assistant Manager did offer me a complete station discounted from $150.00 which I think was good of him. :clap:

I asked him about the solar powered models and they are not yet available in Australia and are waiting for the existing ones to sell out, the new ones will have the same Jaycar part number and most probably the same prise of $150.00, I'm thinking if I am going to purchase a complete unit I'll wait until then. I reckon if you call Jaycar in Geelong and tell the Manager your problem you may be able to get a discount too.

If you do get one shipped from the states make sure it is a 433MHz unit and not the 800MHz or you'll be up the creek without a paddle. What's the total cost landed from the states?

My pressure has settled down and is currently tracking Avalon, Laverton and Sheoaks BOM stations quite well for the moment and I'm not too fussed about the indoor humidity, I can gauge that one pretty well myself when the girls here get started. :twisted:

Hey Gerard,
I saw the Jaycar catalouge the other day and they are showing they have the solar powered units. On sale at $149. I looked on their website but still shows old units. I am going to go to the Geelong store on Friday evening and see if they have them.
Adrian
View my station at Inverleigh, Victoria, Australia
http://home.people.net.au/~geelongrcgli ... 20weather/