Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

All data flat-lined

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
christer
Weather Station: Jenkinsbird Weather Pro = FineOf
Operating System: Windows XP

All data flat-lined

Post by christer »

Hi Steve.
This morning I found flat figures in the graphs. At around 21:50 yesterday something happend. Since also the inside temp is flat it cannot be the RF from the outdoor sensor.
So I started debug.log and saved it to my PC.
After that I stopped and restarted Cumulus and after that the graphs showed new data. I don´t have access to the console nor the USB cable since the station and PC is located in a remote place. I use VNC to connect the PC via Internet.

The attached zip containing debug.log, today.ini, bugreport.txt, cumulus.008 and 2 pictures.
I´m using Cumulus V1.8.8.855.

Regards
Christer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: New Weirdness - frozen data

Post by steve »

christer wrote:This morning I found flat figures in the graphs. At around 21:50 yesterday something happend. Since also the inside temp is flat it cannot be the RF from the outdoor sensor.
Your rain counter is doing strange things, at one point it jumped up by over 1000 mm. Cumulus thinks that the data is therefore corrupt and is ignoring it all.

9116.8133 : Ignoring bad data: raintot = 1031
9116.8133 : prevraintotal = 7

Restarting Cumulus has caused it to accept the new value and start again from there.

I notice you have a negative pressure offset, is this intentional?

2010-03-12 07:00:24 : EWUSB: Read pressure values: rel=1003,1 abs=1006,4 offset =-3,3

Normally you would need to be below sea level to need a negative offset, but it may be that you are close to sea level and that's the setting required to make the reading correct?
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Re: All data flat-lined

Post by steve »

I've had a look at the code, and I've changed the way this works in 1.8.9, to try to avoid it getting stuck still thinking the rain total is still bad and needing a restart.
Steve
Gina
Weather Station: Nothing working ATM - making one
Operating System: OS X, Linux Mint, Win7 & XP

Post by Gina »

I've found the rain sensor (or its cable) is rather sensitive to radio interference, giving a reading many times greater than if you had poured a bucketfull of water into the gauge! Correcting the resulting chaos is somewhat time-consuming. FO units seem to store the rain total in the transmitter unit and the console plus Cumulus (like other software) stores the data is various files.
Gina

Sorry, no banner - weather station out of action. Hoping to be up and running with a new home-made one soon.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

They seem to be able to go backwards temporarily as well! But I think that's not an interference problem. But whatever causes it, it's a pain trying to cater for all the little foibles. 1.8.9 tries a bit harder, but there's still work to be done.
Steve
christer

Post by christer »

steve wrote:
christer wrote:This morning I found flat figures in the graphs. At around 21:50 yesterday something happend. Since also the inside temp is flat it cannot be the RF from the outdoor sensor.
Your rain counter is doing strange things, at one point it jumped up by over 1000 mm. Cumulus thinks that the data is therefore corrupt and is ignoring it all.

9116.8133 : Ignoring bad data: raintot = 1031
9116.8133 : prevraintotal = 7

Restarting Cumulus has caused it to accept the new value and start again from there.

I notice you have a negative pressure offset, is this intentional?

2010-03-12 07:00:24 : EWUSB: Read pressure values: rel=1003,1 abs=1006,4 offset =-3,3

Normally you would need to be below sea level to need a negative offset, but it may be that you are close to sea level and that's the setting required to make the reading correct?
Steve, thank´s for your answer!
I have not entered any offset to the pressure. All settings in the calibration dialog are default from the installation. Maybee some setting in in the console is wrong?
However, I has followed the wiki and korrected the faulty rain figures.
I think I have to visit the place where the PC and the station is and upgrade to latest version of Cumulus soon.

Thank you wery much for your explanation!
//Christer
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

christer wrote:I have not entered any offset to the pressure. All settings in the calibration dialog are default from the installation. Maybee some setting in in the console is wrong?
If your station is above sea level, you need to set the relative pressure so that it matches a nearby station. Otherwise you will be logging incorrect pressure values.
Steve
dev0
Weather Station: Rosenborg 68700 / WH 1080
Operating System: Vista

Post by dev0 »

christer wrote: I think I have to visit the place where the PC and the station is and upgrade to latest version of Cumulus soon.
Im using log me in... With that you can do everything. Including install new programs and restart, it work like a normal screen, just over the internet...
im not familiar with that program you are using, but im sure you can do the same, otherwise you can install log me in on the remote computer...
christer

Post by christer »

dev0 wrote:
christer wrote: I think I have to visit the place where the PC and the station is and upgrade to latest version of Cumulus soon.
Im using log me in... With that you can do everything. Including install new programs and restart, it work like a normal screen, just over the internet...
im not familiar with that program you are using, but im sure you can do the same, otherwise you can install log me in on the remote computer...
Thank´s for your tip.
But RealVNC kan also do that. But since the PC is connected to a wireless modem (Ice.net) is the speed not so fast.

//Christer