Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rebranded WH1080 Sync problems

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
JLPicard
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Rebranded WH1080 Sync problems

Post by JLPicard »

Ok, Ok... been awhile and now my old clunky weather station seems to have developed a problem. Not sure if it's the transmitter or the receiver/display but I cannot get my sensor station to sync with the base unit.
The transmitter LED lights up for several seconds when I reapply power then goes into the normal 22 second (approx) blink.
The base station, upon powering up gives the normal Icon for searching for a signal for approx 10 seconds then goes into IT's normal mode, but never displays any sensor data. Correct me please, but aren't the two supposed to sync the sending/receiving cycle so that the sensor sends at the same instant the base unit receives?
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: Rebranded WH1080 Sync problems

Post by Super-T »

Have you tried putting the transmitter next to the receiver in case there is an interference or low signal problem?
JLPicard
Weather Station: WH1080

Post by JLPicard »

Yes they are both on my kitchen table w new batteries. I guess i am in the market to replace.

I'm getting on in years but aren't they supposed to sync tx rx?
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,
JLPicard wrote: Fri 14 May 2021 4:56 pm The transmitter LED lights up for several seconds when I reapply power then goes into the normal 22 second (approx) blink.
The base station, upon powering up gives the normal Icon for searching for a signal for approx 10 seconds ....
The WH1080 transmitter is a simple "Send and Hope" system, once every 48 seconds (exactly); If the LED is not flashing with that period then the transmitter (controller) is probably faulty.

To save battery power, the Console only activates its radio receiver for about 1 second in each 48 (when it expects the transmitter to be operating). Unfortunately it doesn't have a "Reset" mode, so you must unplug all cables and remove the batteries for perhaps half a minute or more. Then when power is applied the Console should "listen" for a transmission for up to about 5 minutes (there's an icon on the LCD to show when the receiver is active, but it's difficult to see). If it doesn't receive data within that time, then either the receiver, the transmitter or the radio link is "faulty" and is unlikely to "recover" from then on.

Cheers, Alan.