Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fineoffset WH2650 station compatability ???

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Fineoffset WH2650 station compatability ???

Post by odintheterrible »

Greetings one and all.
I've been having issues with my current weather statioin periodically locking up (WS3083) due to, I believe, less than good electronics (so I've been told).

I have been advised by one of the members to switch to a self-build 'WeatherDuino' https://wiki.weatherduino.com/... but whilst the building process looks quite straight forward, the programming on the other hand looks a little beyond me!

As an alternative I've found a [WH2650] Professional Wireless Weather Station with WIFI,with APP ... but it appears to publish directly to the 'Wunderground'.

http://www.foshk.com/Wifi_Weather_Station/WH2650.html

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this type of station and if it's possible for CUMULUS to read the data from this unit as I don't particularlly want to abandon my current 'published weather page' on the internet??

Thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
galfert
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Synology

Re: Fineoffset WH2650 station compatability ???

Post by galfert »

Yes, the WH2650 is compatible with Cumulus MX. The WH2650 supports the same API protocol as the GW1000. Therefore Cumulus MX will see it as a GW1000. Very simple to configure in Cumulus MX.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge RPI | CumulusMX on Synology NAS
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Tele-Pole flag pole
odintheterrible

Brilliant !! Many thanks for taking the time to offer the information/comment ... looks like its just what I need.

As an after thought, I forgot to ask about the fineoffset 'lockup' syndrome .... does theWH2650 suffer from the same 'lockup' do you know ??? Many thanks

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
galfert

Post by galfert »

There is no lockup syndrome from this newest generation from Fine Offset. You will be jumping 4 generations of station models. There has been many improvements. You've long been overdue for a replacement station.
Tele-Pole flag pole
odintheterrible

OK'ie DOK'ie ... thanks for the input gents. In that case I shall proceed to a purchase LOL

odintheterrible

Hi,
Thanks for the previous comments. As I've now bought a new station (waiting for delivery) I was wondering if it might be an opportunity to add an air quality sensor.
I looked on the Cumulus settings page (Primary air quality sensor setting and apart from one 'undefined' and 2 Davis units there appear to be 4 Ecowitt sensors (or are they all the same ).
I sent Ecowitt an email but they have replied that thier air quality sensors only work with their stations.
Question there for is, are there any sensors which will work with the fineoffset stations or even a standalone unit that can be incorporated into Cumulus ?
Thanks

galfert

Post by galfert »

The Ecowitt air quality sensors will work with the GW1000 or WH2650 or HP2551 and similar consoles as long as the frequency is the same. The exception being Ambient branded consoles because they run different firmware and they block Ecowitt sensors.

Therefore there are a few choices for air quality sensors from Ecowitt.

WH41 - Outdoor PM2.5
WH43 - Indoor PM2.5
WH45 - Indoor PM2.5, PM10, CO2, and Temperature / Humidity

The WH41 / WH43 all appear the same to the console/gateway device. You can have up to 4 of these in any combination as long as you don't have more than 4.
The WH45 has its own separate channel and is independent.

All of these show up in Cumulus MX using the GW1000/WH2650/DP1500.
Tele-Pole flag pole
odintheterrible

Well, that's a bit of good news. Does the sensor then plug into the base unit or Tx wia wifi etc ? As you can tell I'm somewhat of a late starter to the weather station stuff and certainly have no experience of air quality sensors.

Thanks

galfert

Post by galfert »

Sensors do not plug in, nor do they do WiFi. All sensors transmit a one way broadcast signal (RF) and the console/gateway picks up all the sensors that transmit. It is then the console/gateway that pushes the data via WiFi to wherever you want.
Tele-Pole flag pole
odintheterrible

Well, there you go ... you learn something new every day !!! Thanks. So the Ecowitt units should match up then despite what they say ?? Thanks

odintheterrible

Hi all,
Many thanks for the info. I bought one of the WH2650 stationsand have had to return it as it stedfastly refused to connect to the router !!! Absolute piece of junk !!!!
I've found info on the WS3500 which looks to be somewhat better. Do you think it will be compatible with CUMULUS ???? Thanks :roll:

Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

odintheterrible wrote: Sat 27 Feb 2021 12:17 pm Hi all,
Many thanks for the info. I bought one of the WH2650 stationsand have had to return it as it stedfastly refused to connect to the router !!! Absolute piece of junk !!!!
I've found info on the WS3500 which looks to be somewhat better. Do you think it will be compatible with CUMULUS ???? Thanks :roll:
your return may have been sort of premature ...

I understand the frustration when something doesn't work out right away - however, did you go through all the possible steps ?
There are a few mistakes you can make here.

We have an extra sticky post in the WXforum in the Fine Offset clone section just regarding this issue (connecting a FO [clone] WiFi console to a router):
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41575.0
99% of the connection issues are solved with what we describe there - it's a collection of "normal" up to "tricky" situations and their solution.

I have two of these WH2650 running for a couple of months now - and they are brilliant.
Of course, not to be excluded that you got a Friday model - such things can always happen ...

Regarding WS3500 - that's (the Sainlogic model) a rebranded WH2910 with limited functionality ...
you can look up our comparison/compatibility matrix at WXforum.net
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic ... #msg417956
to see what type of sensors it supports

If you still have old sensors from earlier an earlier station generation, they may not be processed by the new (and latest) generation consoles (GW1000, WH2650, HP2551 ...)