Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Newbie with connction problems?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
PETERCH
Weather Station: maplin n96gy
Operating System: windows 10

Newbie with connction problems?

Post by PETERCH »

Hi all

thanks for accepting me into the group

I have been given several "components" for a weatherstation including 3 transmitters , 2 rain sensors and 2 wind speed sensors but no receiver, (although with the components there is a battery cover saying Model N96GY.)

I have managed to buy a receiver (N96GY)and although new batteries in transmitter and receiver and both indicate they are working (transmitter led flashes, display shows wifi trying to connect?) display shows no outside temp, no wind speen and no rain ( all showing blanks)

what can i do to find errors

Thanks all

Peter
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Newbie with connction problems?

Post by water01 »

I am afraid that problem is likely to be a mismatch in frequencies between the transmitter and the receiver. The N96GY was a Maplins's re-badge of the FineOffset WH1081 and as such it came with at least 3(?) different transmitters over the years.

You will have to ascertain the frequency of the transmitter and the find a matching console to get this to work.

That I am aware of, unless you have a frequency analyser to check the frequency, there is no error output from the console or any software to tell you what is wrong.
David
PETERCH
Weather Station: maplin n96gy
Operating System: windows 10

Post by PETERCH »

Hi
Thanks for reply I think your probably right although the battery cover that i got with the sensors shows same frequency as the new received ive bought.

How can i test the frequency of the transmitter is this something I can do (i dont have a frequency analyser!)

Peter
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As well as the frequency differences, the (much) older units used a different wireless transmission scheme that renders them incompatible with newer devices.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

PETERCH wrote: Thu 28 May 2020 12:25 pm Hi
Thanks for reply I think your probably right although the battery cover that i got with the sensors shows same frequency as the new received ive bought.

How can i test the frequency of the transmitter is this something I can do (i dont have a frequency analyser!)

Peter
Unless you have a frequency analyser I don't think so. I had a quick look at this Topic viewtopic.php?p=22328#p22328 to see if it had any clues. Suggest you look through it thoroughly to see if someone identifies a way of figuring out which is which.
David