Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1080 and Reciever Communication Problem

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Cubey
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

WH1080 and Reciever Communication Problem

Post by Cubey »

Hey all.

First of all I apologise If this has already been covered on the forum. I did do a search but I couldn't find the answer. Here's my problem.

About 3 or 4 years ago I bought the WH1080 that came with the N96GY receiver from Maplin. My first ever weather station. Over the years I've never had a problem with this bit of kit. Eventually the batteries in the transmitter died after about 2 years and sadly life got in the way and I never got the chance to get up my ladder to get it down, clean it all, replace the batteries and put it back up. Until 3 days ago.

Everything was working fine. The data was being transmitted and the base unit was receiving it OK. Cumulus 1 was displaying it OK. However yesterday afternoon the error log was showing quite a few Lost Sensor Contact errors for about an hour. Then it seemed to be OK. Last night I decided to put new batteries in the receiver as the ones in there were pretty old. Since doing this I have no outside temp, humidity, wind or rainfall readings. Just --- as a display for these. I've been up the ladder today to check the transmitter. It's still flashing it's little red light every so many seconds. And the radio reception icon appears briefly on the receiver when it does. But no readings. I've taken the batteries out and put them back in again in the transmitter and receiver just like a fresh install but it's making no difference. Even when the transmitter and receiver are right next to each other there is no data.

As I said this is my first weather station and I'm a bit of a noob with all of this so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Update: As of yesterday (23rd) the receiver unit is informing me that the batteries in the transmitter are low even though they are brand new.