Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Connection issue

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
tpitman
Weather Station: WH8010
Operating System: Windows 7

Connection issue

Post by tpitman »

No matter what I do, I have been unable to connect my WH1080 to Cumulus. I have tried both on my PC and my laptop without success.

I have selected "Fine Offset" and left the COM port "0"

I have tried other software packages which have no problems making a connection.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Connection issue

Post by steve »

If you zip up the diags folder and attach it to a reply in this thread, I’ll take a look. Can you confirm that you don’t have any other software connected to the station at the same time that you are trying to connect using Cumulus?
Steve
tpitman

Post by tpitman »

Thanks for the quick response

I can confirm that Easyweather is closed when cumulus is open
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Cumulus is getting data from the station that it can't make any sense of. This can happen if you have other software connected at the same time as Cumulus, but you say that isn't the case. The only suggestion I can think of is that you try a full reset of the station (remove batteries and USB cable for a few minutes).
Steve
tpitman

Post by tpitman »

Although Easyweather is closed while running Cumulus, i have noticed that when I do open easyweather (after closing cumulus) the data is still up to date, so perhaps I should uninstal Easyweather first?
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Easyweather (like Cumulus and most other software) will catch up with data it has missed while not running, so will appear up to date anyway. You could perhaps reboot your PC and run Cumulus before anything else, if you haven't already done that, to make sure EW isn't leaving something in a funny state.
Steve