Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Harric1955
Weather Station: Smart Weather - WH2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Post by Harric1955 »

I have a SMART Weather base station. Running EASY WEATHER Vs 1, with CULUMUS pigging back of it. Since 2014, it has ben working fine, then a few weeks ago I removed the batteries in the base station to erase the memory, as it was full, which I have done many times before without any problems. Now CULUMUS still displays the data, but will not produce a forecast. Nor is the information at the very top accurate. The forecast of daylight hours diminishing is stuck on 0.01s. I have reinstalled both sets of software, although I have noticed I am now running EASYWEATHER Vs 2. I have tried running CULUMUS, without EASYWEATHER, from some on-line manual I found, but I don't get anything then, so had to reinstall EASYWEATHER, to get CULUMUS back up and running again, but still no Forecast. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thank you. I am running WINDOWS 10 :groan:
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Post by steve »

It sounds like you haven't set your co-ordinates correctly. That would affect the forecast and the sun/moon times.

Note that clearing the station memory is unnecessary and may lead to problems.
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Problems with Culumus displaying forcast

Post by mcrossley »

As Steve said, you don't need to remove the batteries to clear the console memory - the memory never needs clearing unless something goes wrong with the station. From what I have seen these Fine Offset station consoles seem to go wrong most often when they are power cycled, the usual victim being the pressure sensor for some reason.