Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

USB - no connection?

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
bevm1066
Weather Station: Aercus WeatherRanger
Operating System: Win 10

USB - no connection?

Post by bevm1066 »

A couple of months ago I installed an Aercus WeatherRanger and it is working fine - with connection via WiFi/Internet to WU working well.

Recently I installed EasyWeatherIP and it too works fine, giving me data on a PC running Win 10 - with no USB issues noted.

Very recently I installed Cumulus 1.89.4/Build 1009.

Noting advice and NOT running EasyWeatherIP, I cannot get Cumulus to work - it shows the flashing Error status indication, despite making many iterations of Configuration/Station... have assumed the Aercus WeatherRanger is a Fine Offset type?

I would guess this is a USB issue, whereby the connection is not being made by Cumulus, yet hardware is proved OK by EasyWeatherIP working?

Any ideas to try would be most useful - I am not very PC expert, so simply explanations will help me no doubt! Thanks

(Main objective in the end is to output data from the Wx station to Twitter at least once per day, without going via the WU route, so that I have publication control.) Maybe there is another way to do this?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: USB - no connection?

Post by steve »

That station isn't compatible with Cumulus.
Steve
bevm1066

Post by bevm1066 »

Thanks that is a shape, but I do realise that as an "amateur" project you don't have endless time to sort out hundreds of PWS variants...-
bevm1066

Post by bevm1066 »

For "shape" read "shame" - apologies!
Siddy
Weather Station: Maplin W1081

Post by Siddy »

Hi

I've just got this station today and all setup, did you get anywhere data wise before I start playing.