Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rain Gauge Problem

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
garybuska
Weather Station: WS2090
Operating System: Windows 8 64 bit

Rain Gauge Problem

Post by garybuska »

About a week ago I came home from work and it was raining pretty good I went inside and fired up my computer and started cumulus and noticed that it was not showing any rain rate so I waited till it stopped raining and went outside to investigate the problem and discovered that my rain gauge was clogged by bird droppings. So I now have it covered with a piece of screen that will still let any liquid in but keep the seeds and other hard items from the bird droppings out. i keep the screen in place by using a doughnut made from wood that is about 3 inches thick. I use this to help keep the rain from splashing out as my rain gauge is not very deep and discovered that hard rain fall would splash out. So now my rain gauge is about 4 inches deep
My only concern is the screen might get clogged up but so far so good. I have the wood covered with Black Jack to keep it from rotting
I have a Mocking bird that likes to land on it
I thought others might find this helpful 8-)