Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Strange Temps are being Recorded at WU

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
n240sxle91
Weather Station: WS-2080
Operating System: Windows 10

Strange Temps are being Recorded at WU

Post by n240sxle91 »

I can't figure out where the problem is. I'm guessing it's WU's fault, but I can't be sure.

I have a Ambient Weather WS-2080 station, and I'm running Cumulus 1.9.4 1099 on Windows 10. I have it setup to report to WU. It had been working perfectly for a long time, but the last couple of days WU reports that my temps are spiking. It'll show the correct temp (e.g. 37.4 F,), but then it'll spike to 63 F. The spikes are always to 63 F. My station does NOT report this spike, and Cumulus does NOT report this spike. For some reason WU is interpreting something from Cumulus wrong and it thinks it's a temp spike.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Strange Temps are being Recorded at WU

Post by PaulMy »

I suspect it is a WU issue as they have been having various difficulties of recent. I have the Gust Alert http://www.komokaweather.com/gwunder/index.php that pulls data from WU and received the following a couple days ago:
Weather Report of
Low Temp: °C @ 25.04.2017 @ 11:00
Alert Setting: -18 °C
---
[ gustalert.com ]

However all my data uploads by Cumulus and local data have not shown that glitch. I've only had the alert occur once so may not be the same issue you have.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
n240sxle91

Post by n240sxle91 »

Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully they get their act together!

I love using their app on my phone to see my PWS, but if it isn't the right data it doesn't really help. ;)

Thanks again,
Steve
gmbuska
Weather Station: WS2090
Operating System: Windows 9 64 bit

Post by gmbuska »

i had a similar problem with my WS2090 I thought the thermo couple was bad. It turned out there was something wedged in the sensor enclosure that was shorting it out as it was a little damp. Not sure what it was but when I removed it the temperature immediately jumped up and from what I can see is correct now. I think it was some kind of spacer that over the years got a little wet causing it to send inaccurate readings.
I had to cut off the plastic bottom of the enclosure in order to remove the thermo couple and associated circuit board.
Warning if you do what I did you will void your warranty if it is still in effect. In my case it is not.
You just have to make sure not to break the connections when putting the board back where it came from.
:clap:
n240sxle91

Post by n240sxle91 »

At first I thought I might be having problems with a sensor too, but my weather station's base unit doesn't show anything near 63 degrees in the log, and cumulus doesn't show it in the logs either. Only weather underground shows it, and it's always shows 63 degrees when it does this. So, I don't believe the problem is on my end. I think something is screwed up at weather underground.