Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WS2083 Barometer readings

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Ollossm
Weather Station: Aercus WS2083
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

WS2083 Barometer readings

Post by Ollossm »

Hi Folks :-)

Have just set up the weather station (WS-2083) and set it to fine offset and everything appears to be going great.

However I do have one query and I'm not sure if it is related to the unit, to the cumulus software or something I have more than likely not understood properly.

BBC is reporting approx 1034 - covering all of the area I'm in as opposed to where I am taking reading
WS2083 is reporting 1030.7 hpa (set to absoulte not relative) ASL for location is 35m
Cumulus is reporting 1021.2 hpa

Is the cumulus figure correct given it is quite a bit different to the other two readings?
or
Am I not understanding something
or
Do I have to use an offset

I have read through other posts for WS2083 and couldn't find a similar problem to read against, so many apologies if it has been covered elsewhere.

Certainly plenty of info on the forum to keep me reading for a while and as a total novice to all this having that wealth of information is going to prove a godsend! Can't believe the Cumulus software is free for all it does and the time involved!

cheers and many thanks
Marc
cheers
Marc
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WS2083 Barometer readings

Post by steve »

Have you looked at the FAQ? Does this help - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#Cumulu ... et_console
Steve
Ollossm
Weather Station: Aercus WS2083
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: WS2083 Barometer readings

Post by Ollossm »

Hi Steve

Thanks ever so much for the quick reply.

I had scanned the FAQ but had totally missed the relevant entry, think it was because I was hooked on WS2083 as keyword even though I know it is a fine offset :bash: :oops:

As instruction booklet had said it could be left at absolute value that also played in to thinking there was something wrong.

Anyway I checked all the have you got x,y, z in the FAQ and none of it applied other than I was comparing abs with rel, so there was the error.

I have now adjusted the rel figure on the unit,set it to display rel, plugged USB back in, restarted Cumulus and it is now showing the pressure as expected.

It did cause a rising rapidly warning to appear but I guess that is a one off due the manual increase and will then settle back down.

Again, apologies for missing it in the FAQ and thanks ever so much for the quick reply

cheers
Marc
cheers
Marc