Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Watson w-8681 Pro II, Station not found message

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Vic
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR-180
Operating System: W7 Pro

Watson w-8681 Pro II, Station not found message

Post by Vic »

Evening all,

I've been happily using Cumulus with my old Maplin fine offset NG69? for about 5 years now with very few issues. But the last 6 months i have had to replace bits and it has become somewhat unreliable, so i have bought myself a W-8681 Pro II which looks great, i have removed the old station and connected to me W7 PC. It loads Windows Mobile device center and i can browse files on the station no problem so the cable is good, but when i start Cumulus it gives me the message 'Station not found' .Apologies if i've missed this, but i did have a look using the search option but could'nt find the exact same issue. I've rebooted everything.

Can anyone assist please?

Thanks in Advance

Vic
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Watson w-8681 Pro II, Station not found message

Post by water01 »

I am afraid that model is not supported by Cumulus as it is designed to upload to WU and does not have a logger.
David
Vic

Post by Vic »

Ok thanks.

What do you mean by logger?

I assumed it would because it comes with easy weather and is on a list of supported stations on here.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

Sorry I was incorrect on the logger it appears reading the description that it logs to a micro SD card.

Not sure who added the W8681 to the Wiki but I am pretty certain that it is not supported as it runs a different protocol to the normal Fine Offset stations. Perhaps Steve can give you the definitive answer.

If it does log to a micro SD card perhaps you can transfer that data to your Cumulus machine, reformat it as an easyweather.dat file and import it that way.
David
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

It appears that the "W-8681" and the "W-8681-Pro" are completely different models (i'm not sure whether the "Pro II" has any further differences). The basic W-8681 looks to be a "classsic" Fine Offset touchscreen model, which (IMHO laughably) is then often tagged with "Professional" in its description, should be compatible with Cumulus/Easyweather.

Cheers, Alan.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

I've updated the wiki to make it clear that it's the W8681 only which is supported and not the stupidly named W8681 Pro and Pro II, which as Alan points out are completely different stations and do not work with Cumulus (and won't for the foreseeable future, if ever).
Steve
Vic

Post by Vic »

Thanks guys, after the initial dismay of setting up a station that i thought was supported then realising i wasn't and trying to send it back and get a full refund (the shop was very understanding and refunded in full no quibbles) I ended up getting an Oregan WMR-180 which i'm happy with and is working fine with Cumulus.