Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Won't read console after power failure

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
danham
Weather Station: re-badged WS-1080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Won't read console after power failure

Post by danham »

Cumulus has been working perfectly for many months with my PCE-FWS-20 station. Yesterday we lost power for about 30 seconds and there must have been a surge because I have had to reboot various devices (such as my cable box) that were showing errors or behaving oddly.

I had Cumulus running on a Windows laptop which was plugged in to supplement its battery power. The red error light was blinking and the real time data fields were blank. I rebooted the laptop and reset the console per the error message instructions (see below), but the error keeps on recurring constantly:

The station is not initialised
Byte 0=0A Byte 1=46
Try resetting the console

At all times, even prior to rebooting the laptop, I could read all data from the console using EasyWeather, so I know the console is sending and the USB port is getting the data.

Is there a file which may have been corrupted during the power interruption?

Thanks,

-dan
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Won't read console after power failure

Post by steve »

danham wrote:Byte 0=0A Byte 1=46
That indicates a problem with the console. The FAQ tells you how to get Cumulus to ignore that warning - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#When_I ... ialised.22
Steve
danham
Weather Station: re-badged WS-1080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Won't read console after power failure

Post by danham »

Thank you very much. I should have looked at the FAQ again instead of relying on my memory of reading it many weeks ago.

I used the manual reset button on the console and it did not help, so next up will be removing the batteries and trying a cold start.

I appreciate your rapid, helpful response.

-dan

PS: working properly after battery removal/cold start. Thanks again.