Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

FTP error

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
nickjwhite
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

FTP error

Post by nickjwhite »

Good Morning

Can anyone help please? :o)

Weather station is working fine. Cumulus is working fine. Internet settings are spot on and haven't changed.

Web page is reporting weather station as off line for a couple of days now. However...... It is uploading to Weather Underground perfectly, uploading to Twitter no issues etc etc.

I have tested the ftp and I can log in from SmartFTP and from Dreamweaver, so there is no access issue. Checked with provider and there is no block at their end. No errors reported in Cumulus. The app is recording spot on.

I cannot fathom what has gone wrong. I have changed nothing; it just stopped about midday on Monday

Anyone any ideas please?

Many thanks :o)
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: FTP error

Post by steve »

A restart of Cumulus may get it going again. Or you can turn on ftp logging and see what's going on in ftplog.txt. (if you have an existing ftplog.txt file, delete it before turning on ftp logging).
Steve
nickjwhite
Weather Station: PCE-FWS 20
Operating System: Win 10 Pro

Post by nickjwhite »

Hi Steve and thank you for your quick response.

I have restared Cumulus a number of times over the last few days, but shut it down, deleted the ftplog and restarted again. No joy.

I have attached the ftp log and debug log in case you can spot something

Many thanks again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You have the same issue as in this thread from earlier today - https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=15463

09:40:05:520 FTP Response: 502 'PORT': command not implemented.

I wonder if you are using the same provider. Try turning off active ftp mode in Cumulus, it looks like your provider has disabled it.
Steve
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

You both appear to be using 1 and 1 for your hosting. Looks like they have done something, intentionally or otherwise, without letting you know.
Steve
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

steve wrote:You both appear to be using 1 and 1 for your hosting. Looks like they have done something, intentionally or otherwise, without letting you know.
I use 1&1, but don't use active FTP.
steve wrote:Try turning off active ftp mode in Cumulus, it looks like your provider has disabled it.
All is okay with my site so it looks like this is the thing to do.
Freddie