Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Feature request

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Feature request

Post by harrym1byt »

Steve...

Is there anyway that either of the following could be included in Cumulus please...

1. Cumulus notices that the PC has been hibernated and when restarted Cumulus grabs the data it has missed whilst it was hibernated. Perhaps check the current time and compare to the last time it downloaded weather data and if there is a large gap assume it has been in hibernation and needs to catch up(?)

2. Cumulus notices it has missed a block of data and shuts itself down before reading any data from the display unit. Restarting it obviously it grabs any data it has missed.

The way it behaves at the moment is that it completely skips all the stored in the display data, whilst it was in hibernation.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Feature request

Post by steve »

Harry,

I'm currently planning to change Cumulus so that it uses a 'proper' database to store data, instead of the flat text files it currently uses. The idea is that periodically it would download the stored data from the logger and put it into the database. Each time it would read all data after the last data currently in the database. In theory, this gets rid of lots of my current headaches with rainfall totals and extra/missing day rollovers etc.

I think that one effect of this change would be to achieve what you're asking for here.
Steve
harrym1byt
Weather Station: WH 1081 (EasyWeather type)
Operating System: Win10

Post by harrym1byt »

That sounds great :)

The hibernate is my one outstanding major issue. EW would either pick up where it left off, or simply lock up after an hibernate.

FYI Since the monsoon problems of which I made you aware, there have been no further problems with rain
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

harrym1byt wrote:EW would either pick up where it left off
Yes, I can understand that, as Easyweather does the same sort of thing, periodically downloading the data and storing it.
Steve