Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

PCE-FWS-20 Outdoor Temperature Reading Seems High

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
maccpl
Weather Station: PCE-FWS-20
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

PCE-FWS-20 Outdoor Temperature Reading Seems High

Post by maccpl »

Hello folks. I love the Cumulus software and also use it with a PCE-FWS-20. Mine has only been running about 24 hours or so. One question I have concerns the outdoor temperature sensor. Mine seems a bit high. I moved it around to the North side of my house this morning to see if it was a solar heating issue... but it still looks about 8 degrees F above other local readings. I know that Cumulus allows you to apply calibration settings for your web site, but that won't help with indoor receiver. Anyone else had any similar issues?

Follow-Up:

OK, I did a much more controlled test after posting this. And the bottom line is that I am pretty sure that the PCE-FWS-20's temperature reading was "spot-on"! I want to thank the folks at PCE for their prompt response when I called them. They were ready to replace the sensor, but I was glad to tell them that it was "operator error".

End of Post
giusCB
Weather Station: lacrosse 2350
Operating System: ubuntu

Re: PCE-FWS-20 Outdoor Temperature Reading Seems High

Post by giusCB »

maccpl wrote:Hello folks. I love the Cumulus software and also use it with a PCE-FWS-20. Mine has only been running about 24 hours or so. One question I have concerns the outdoor temperature sensor. Mine seems a bit high. I moved it around to the North side of my house this morning to see if it was a solar heating issue... but it still looks about 8 degrees F above other local readings. I know that Cumulus allows you to apply calibration settings for your web site, but that won't help with indoor receiver. Anyone else had any similar issues?

Follow-Up:

OK, I did a much more controlled test after posting this. And the bottom line is that I am pretty sure that the PCE-FWS-20's temperature reading was "spot-on"! I want to thank the folks at PCE for their prompt response when I called them. They were ready to replace the sensor, but I was glad to tell them that it was "operator error".

End of Post
hi,
you have a Solar Radiation Shield ?