Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Data spikes...Ambient WS-2095

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Data spikes...Ambient WS-2095

Post by bnwrx »

I've been using this station since early August 2015.....It has a problem with data spikes 2-3 times a week....It also had "sensor contact lost" about once a week, till I moved the sensor array closer to the console, now it doesn't lose contact as often. The data spikes still occur..IE: temp 140 degrees(when its 42 degrees) rainfall 594" yesterday, etc,etc,etc. I am running Cumulus1 1.9.4 1099

Some questions....Has anyone seen these spikes with Cumulus MX? Has anyone seen these spikes after upgrading to Windows 10?

Just looking for more info about these spikes, I've tried searching this Forum but have not been able to locate a thread about it

Thanks for any input...

EDIT: I did contact Ambient Weather, they seem to indicate a software issue...as I would expect
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Data spikes...Ambient WS-2095

Post by steve »

Spikes are common with Fine Offset stations. I'm surprised that you can't find a thread about it, there are hundreds. This is why both Cumulus 1 and MX have 'spike removal' settings to allow you to tell it to try to filter them out.

Ambient are being disingenuous if they claim to be unaware of the problems with these stations and are blaming Cumulus.
Steve
bnwrx
Weather Station: Ambient WS2095 (Fine/Offset)
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Data spikes...Ambient WS-2095

Post by bnwrx »

Here is Ambient's reply:
"Try clearing memory. Something is getting corrupted. To restore to factory default, press and hold the UP arrow key for 30 seconds.

You will need to set up everything again.

Consider EasyWeather if the problem persists.

Regards,

Ed"

I won't be trying Easy Weather...

I did not have an issue before having to get a new station....

Thanks
Bob