Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Rain gauge mounting bracket.

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
jim-easterbrook
Weather Station: WH1081, Elecsa AstroTouch 6975
Operating System: openSUSE 13.1, Raspbian, OpenWrt

Rain gauge mounting bracket.

Post by jim-easterbrook »

The standard Fine Offset brackets are a bit wobbly for the rain gauge, which can lead to false readings. I've found an ideal replacement at B & Q (http://www.diy.com/nav/build/building-m ... mm-9936462) for a mere £2.28. It even has a suitable hole for the cable.
Image Image
Don't worry about the cable tie - it's needed because my very old rain gauge top doesn't securely clip into the newer base. When they added the grill to try and keep spiders out they also slightly moved where the clips engage.
Jim
tjaliwalpa
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Linux Lite Ubuntu 16.04

Re: Rain gauge mounting bracket.

Post by tjaliwalpa »

Good modification Jim. I don't think we would get away with the funnel type you have used in Australia as it wouldn't last 6 months with our summer sun.

I've replaced my Fine Offset with a Davis VP2. If I were to have stayed with FO I would have used the funnel from a commercial rain gauge in the way you have constructed yours.

Well done :clap:
Bob
jim-easterbrook
Weather Station: WH1081, Elecsa AstroTouch 6975
Operating System: openSUSE 13.1, Raspbian, OpenWrt

Re: Rain gauge mounting bracket.

Post by jim-easterbrook »

The funnel will be replaced when I find a better alternative. I assume any opaque plastic should be more UV resistant. Funnily enough that's not something they mention in funnel product descriptions.
Jim