Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

One way of dealing with Fine Offset station usb lockups

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

One way of dealing with Fine Offset station usb lockups

Post by SamiS »

Hi All,

Just to let you know how I resolved the issue of losing data because of a station usb lockup.... The solution is running two consoles with one outdoor sender unit. If my "main" console locks up, I shut down Cumulus, connect the "secondary" console and start cumulus again. Then I can reset the frozen console and let it gather "backup" data until the other console locks up, and again switch those over.

Good thing with this solution is that you can now have a console somewhere else than where your pc is, and you do not lose (almost) any sensor data when the console lockup happens.

Bad thing is of course the money spent, and also probably a little different reading of air pressure and internal temp/humidity sensors. At least here in finland you can buy a "spare part" console for 55 euros, which is not too much for the benefit of not losing data.