Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1080 - rain gauge not working

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
Mortello1
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY
Operating System: Windows 7 (64 bit)

Re: WH1080 - rain gauge not working

Post by Mortello1 »

steve wrote:If your gauge is tipping but not registering on the console, then it sounds more like something is broken - the switch in the gauge, the cable, etc. Or a poor connection where it plugs into the transmitter, perhaps.
Just on that point Steve, should I not get a 'lost sensor contact error' message if it was a cable/transmitter problem? Makes it more likely to be a hardware issue with the gauge imo.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

Mortello1 wrote:Just on that point Steve, should I not get a 'lost sensor contact error' message if it was a cable/transmitter problem?
Only if the problem was with the transmitter itself. I assumed that it couldn't be the transmitter itself as you only mentioned a problem with the rain readings. The transmitter could still be transmitting even if there's a problem with the connection to the rain gauge. The transmitter continues to transmit just temperature even when the wind and rain gauges aren't working (or even connected), so the console wouldn't report loss of contact.
Steve
profzarkov
Weather Station: HP2551
Operating System: Win7 or 10

Post by profzarkov »

Hi Chaps
Seems I'm having the same problem!
I've gone thru all the usual error checking and finally put a test meter on the contacts of the rain gauge plug and then wiggled the bucket - no response . . all the wires are OK so I guess it's the wee magnet on the bucket finally giving up.
I may look into getting a replacement - Maplins still do em?
Cheers
Steve