Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

date and time

Discussion specific to Fine Offset and similar rebadged weather stations
cliffw
Weather Station: Altronics X7062 (rebadge)

date and time

Post by cliffw »

Hi all
I have an Altronics X7062 here in Aus, it appears to be similar to the Fine Offset 1081.
PC is Win 2000 and the web page works fine and looks great.
The problem is I do not get the date and time format at the bottom of the Gauges page.
Any thoughts, I have looked through the postings but cant seem to find anything relevant.
Regards
Cliff
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: date and time

Post by steve »

Do you mean the date and time under the real-time wind gauges? This suggests that your realtime.txt file is not being uploaded - have you configured it correctly? I assume the real-time wind gauges themselves aren't updating also?

I'm quite surprised (and pleased) that you're getting Cumulus to work OK with Windows 2000 and a Fine Offset station - a number of people have had problems with this combination!
Steve
cliffw

Post by cliffw »

Thanks Steve
I have had a look at the files uploaded to the server there does not appear to any called realtime.txt.
Or what do I have to do in the setup, the wind gauges appear to be telling the truth.
Cliff
cliffw

Post by cliffw »

Just had a look the the bottom 2 gauges (MPH and direction) do not appear to be working.
cliff
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

In the Internet settings, tick 'enable realtime'.
Steve
cliffw

Post by cliffw »

Ticked the box left the interval at 3.
Clicked on the web update, had a look with ftp at the server no realtime.txt
Found it in the Cumulus directory copied it to the ftp server.
Gauges now has a date and time and the MPH and direction appear to be ok.
Will this be ok in the future.
Thanks for a great piece of software.
Cliff
cliffw

Post by cliffw »

Well it appeared to work but the time or data is not changing, there was a lot of internet activity at about 3sec intervals.
This item would appear to use up a lot of upload time from the ISP, I would run out my allocation for the month very quickly.
Cliff
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

there was a lot of internet activity at about 3sec intervals.
There should only be the (small) realtime.txt uploading at that sort of interval.
This item would appear to use up a lot of upload time from the ISP, I would run out my allocation for the month very quickly.
In terms of realtime.txt it's small potatoes, the only problem would be if your provider limits the number of uploads per hour / day. Make the interval 10s, 3s is a bit unecessary ;)

However; - Uploading all your 'graph' pages may become a problem if your provider has a small hourly / daily upload limit.

There are threads on people who have changed providers because of this problem.

Any chance of a link so we can guess what's happening :P
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
cliffw

Post by cliffw »

I have ticked the realtime update box set the time to 30 seconds then done a web update.
I have waited for some time nothing happens, I have looked at the files on the server there is no file called realtime.txt

http://www.users.on.net/~lwyl5744/index.htm

This is the url for my web page.
If all else fails I can do without this feature but it would be nice to get rid of the two dials.
It is interesting to note that all the other readings are in Kilometers per hour but the realtime wind speed is in Miles per Hour.

Thanks
Cliff
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

cliffw wrote:I have ticked the realtime update box set the time to 30 seconds then done a web update.
I have waited for some time nothing happens, I have looked at the files on the server there is no file called realtime.txt
You probably have the ftp path incorrectly configured. Because of the different ways the normal and realtime ftp works, it's possible to get away with it for the normal uploads but not the realtime ones. If you're interested in pursuing it, turn on ftp logging and attach the ftplog.txt and realtimeftplog.txt files here.
If all else fails I can do without this feature but it would be nice to get rid of the two dials.
The instructions for removing the realtime gauges are in the web page - but it looks like you've done it now.
It is interesting to note that all the other readings are in Kilometers per hour but the realtime wind speed is in Miles per Hour.
The realtime gauges don't know what your units are until the realtime.txt file is read successfully.
Steve