Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis VP2 - add ons

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Davis VP2 - add ons

Post by steve »

I wonder if you have a dodgy reed switch? I suppose the way to check that would be to count the tips as you put the water in. Over what period are you putting in each 500 ml?
Steve
hailstone
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2

Post by hailstone »

With a half mill hole drilled in the water reserve cap it took I would guess about 10 minutes to discharge the 500 m litres. I can only offer this figure Steve because I had a CD playing of all the 60's hits. It was around 4 songs per 500 m l's. Hi Hi. The counter seems to total up in steps of 0.4 mm per transmission of info. That is until it is nearly empty so the head of water is less and the pressure reduces but the container is absolutely empty.
A friend of mine who has a Pro 2 also has calibrated his rain guage and his opening batting figures were.... common sense all out for nil, Davis, minus 8.8 for opening score.
Hailstone.
hailstone

Post by hailstone »

Steve, a tweak of the screws this afternoon and a test run counting the clunks gave me 125 clunks per half litre of H20.
Reading on console at begining of test = 0.6 mm's
Reading on console after test run reads 25.4 mm's.
Half a bucket full of water was left in the tipper which = 0.1 mm.
25.4 - 0.6 = 24.8 mm's.
24.8 + 0.1 = 24.9 mm's.
I have put the missing 0.1 down to electronic evaporation twixed gauge and console. Hi Hi.
I have on loan of the only Snowdon Gauge the RMetS has ( the one on the web site) for a year. This will give me ample oppertunity to massage the quirks on the Pro 2 site to get an acceptable set of rainfall figures now.
Paul, have you any idea what happened to all the Snowdon rain guages that the Met Office has made redundant? Where they sent to the breakers yard like BR disposed of their steam locomotives? Second hand Snowdons are as rare as hens teeth it would appear.
Hailstone.
hailstone

Post by hailstone »

Steve, a tweak of the screws this afternoon and a test run counting the clunks gave me 125 clunks per half litre of H20.
Reading on console at begining of test = 0.6 mm's
Reading on console after test run reads 25.4 mm's.
Half a bucket full of water was left in the tipper which = 0.1 mm.
25.4 - 0.6 = 24.8 mm's.
24.8 + 0.1 = 24.9 mm's.
I have put the missing 0.1 down to electronic evaporation twixed gauge and console. Hi Hi.
I have on loan of the only Snowdon Gauge the RMetS has ( the one on the web site) for a year. This will give me ample oppertunity to massage the quirks on the Pro 2 site to get an acceptable set of rainfall figures now.
Paul, have you any idea what happened to all the Snowdon rain guages that the Met Office has made redundant? Where they sent to the breakers yard like BR disposed of their steam locomotives? Second hand Snowdons are as rare as hens teeth it would appear.
Hailstone.