Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Support for Honeywell TE923W

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Joe43

Support for Honeywell TE923W

Post by Joe43 »

Steve, your weather station software is the best I have seen anywhere. You don't have to be a scientist to be able to understand how it functions. I wonder if it would be possible for me to use the software for my Honeywell TE923W. I am brand new to weather watching and just received this weather station as a gift from my wife.

Thanks,
Joe from Maryland, USA
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Support for Honeywell TE923W

Post by steve »

Joe,

I'm afraid not. It doesn't use any of the protocols that Cumulus supports, and a quick search doesn't show the protocol to be available anywhere.

Steve
Joe43

Post by Joe43 »

Steve, thanks so much for such a quick reply. Well that was not good news....but since I am still inside a 30-day window to return the Honeywell unit, what would you recomend for someone like me just starting out. I like the idea of having the features on the Honeywell, but I really want to be able to connect to my computer for keeping long range records.

Maybve you can give me a few recommendations

Thanks, Joe
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

From what I've read, the TE923W is quite a nice station for the price. For about the same price you'd be looking at a La Crosse WS2300, I guess, which has partial support in Cumulus at the moment (no support for the data stored in the logger while the PC is switched off yet). But by all accounts the Honeywell is a better system than the La Crosse.

Moving up from that in price I guess it's the Oregon WMR100, and then the WMR200. I don't know much about these, and Cumulus doesn't support them anyway (it may do one day). The Oregon stations which Cumulus does support are no longer manufactured, I believe.

The 'top of the range' for hobbyist stations are the Davis Vantage Pro 2 stations (like the one I have), but these cost considerably more than the TE923W.

So, basically, I'm struggling to know what to suggest, sadly, other than sticking with what you have.

Steve
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

Don't forget the poor old Fine Offset budget range. (about $100) . Does everything better than you would expect, fully supported by Cumulus. Check them out by looking at the weather station maps and see which people are using them.
(No, I don't work for Fine Offset/ Watson etc. ;-)
Dave C
alderi
Weather Station: Honeywell TE923W

Post by alderi »

steve wrote:Joe,

I'm afraid not. It doesn't use any of the protocols that Cumulus supports, and a quick search doesn't show the protocol to be available anywhere.

Steve
:cry: What a pity! :cry:
The TE923W is one of the most popular weather stations, and it would be a perfect match with Cumulus.
I was just going to post the following, before finding out the questions was aready made:
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to accommodate for my weather station Honeywell TE923W. Do you have plans to add this to your existing ones, or is there a way to overcome the missing option? Thank you. Alex