Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Newby

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
KingJohn
Weather Station: Aercus
Operating System: Windows 10

Newby

Post by KingJohn »

Hi people, well a few years ago i bought a weather station, make is Aercus.

All i did was set up its WiFi, i think the server to upload data was already there.

Anyway it uploads to wonderground, there i can see the data it uploads every fre min or more.

But i really like to be able to upload to a british weather system, WOW i believe its called. Other than changing a fee data settings like mbar to something else there isnt any program to alter, and no pc interface.

Im happy to leave that alone if it cannot be used, if someone can give me a list of devices tgat can be used, ill happy to buy tge equipment.

From what im reading i will need one that does have a usb interface, but i guess ill be mostly looking at a display, and only upload data when connected to a laptop running this cumulus program?

Any information would be great, yer i rushed out and bought one thinking it would use the UK

Mine has been working great for over 2 years, but uploads to wonderground in the USA

Thanks in advance, and perhaps let me know what your using?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Newby

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry but your existing station cannot be used with Cumulus.

At the moment a good option for a replacement seems to be the Ecowitt (or rebranded versions thereof). This does not connect to Cumulus via USB but via your WiFi network. This gives you a lot more freedom on where you site the receiver for best reception and not have it tied to being next to your computer.

I do not have a Ecowitt system myself, but there plenty that do. I'd start by looking at the Ecowitt web site, and this post on the WX forum.

With the Ecowitt you do not need a display console at all if you do not need one, just a small relatively cheap receiver called a GW1000 (or the new version GW11000).