Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Garni 935PC

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
hefvogt
Weather Station: Garni 935PC
Operating System: Raspberri Pi OS

Garni 935PC

Post by hefvogt »

Hi,
has anyone successfully tried to connect a Garni 935PC to CumulusMX running on Raspberry OS?

Thanks/herman
herman
Garni 935PC, Raspberry OS
hefvogt

Re: Garni 935PC

Post by hefvogt »

to complete this question: I've tried all available station types with no joy
herman
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

It is not in the supported Weather Station list in the WiKI https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Supported_Devices

But it says
export data in .csv or .xls
ability to export data to a Web service Weather Underground and Weathercloud
You should be able to feed it data via the EasyWeather.dat file interface which is supported by MX https://cumuluswiki.org/a/EasyWeather_F ... eather.dat
David
hefvogt

Post by hefvogt »

thanks,

I'll look into the Garni to PC USB connection to see if I can create an EasyWeather.dat file.

Would there be another, supported basestation that works with my 6-in-1 sensor?
herman
hefvogt

Post by hefvogt »

I connected the 935PC to my Win10 computer (as I have been doing since I own it), but all I can do there is download the weather data with help of the Garni-supplied Weather Tool. I do not see the 935PC as an accessible disk station. Would there be any way to retrieve data from it on the Raspberry. Unfortunately, I am totally Linux ignorant.
BTW, my 6-in-1 sensor is an 868MHz one.
herman
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I am sorry I have no idea as I have no experience of this weather station. Most suppliers of USB attachable Weather Stations usually supply Windows programs to access the data, but because of the range of Unix/Linux builds available it us unlikely they would supply a Unix/Linux compatible version.

When I made my comments about EasyWeather.dat I assumed you would be using Windows of some flavour and taking the output .csv file in order to create a EasyWeather.dat file.

It is also most unlikely, because of the proprietary nature of Weather Stations that the protocol of the data output is going to match any console already supported, hence you inability to connect it to CumulusMX.

It is also most unlikely that the Garni protocol will be added to CumulusMX unless they would be willing to give a free Weather Station to the developer so it can be investigated and tested, plus he is already very busy adding additional other features to MX.
David