Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Shaw cable personal website users for beginners in Canada

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
AlongTheWay
Weather Station: National Geographic 265NC
Operating System: Vista Business SP2 64 Bit

Shaw cable personal website users for beginners in Canada

Post by AlongTheWay »

This may be of help to some of the new users of Cumulus for linking to your Shaw Cable Personal websites in Canada as it was a simple task but little hangups kept me out for a while.
This is after you have installed Cumulus software, and have setup your Shaw cable personal website.
I will use my website as an example http://members.shaw.ca/geraldine_steven/weather
To start with have your Cumulus software up and running and click on the Configuration tab.
Go down the list and select internet.
For just getting started you will mainly need the info on the left filled out as follows:
HOST NAME: ftp.shaw.ca
FTP PORT: 21 (do not have to change this)
DIRECTORY: weather (do not use any slashes periods, leave it clear of just the word)
USER NAME: geraldine_steven (again do not use any slasher periods etc)
PASSWORD: your shaw cable password goes here
FORUM URL: You can just leave this as is unless you are starting a forum
WEBCAM URL: If you have a separate webcam page you can put it in here.

The next list is a few check boxes under Web Settings Check off
:Auto Update
:Use Active FTP Mode
:Use FTP Rename
I made my interval 15 minutes
I enabled real time
Real Time interval I made 3 seconds

Everything else on the page I just left as is it works great. ( You can read up on all the other parts as you get comfortable with the program)
One thing I noticed on a Shaw personal website is that you can not see these websites on Smart phones internet or similar.
Hope this helps somebody as I scratched my head for a while trying to get Cumulus to download to my Shaw Cable personal website.
Thanks to all the forum Members that brought me this far. :D