Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Best set up

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Mike_Rawlins
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspberry Pi

Best set up

Post by Mike_Rawlins »

Hello :D

I've been kicking around in the background for ten years now, I'm now on my second weather station and location.

I'm running a Davis Vantage Vue on CMX on a Raspberry Pi Via the Davis WeatherLink USB logger, and have a Davis AirLink. Now things are running on the Pi, I am happier, no more random reboots of a PC that was purely running to try and keep the weather station online. Now I have a stable set up I'm pushing the data out to all the usual sites via CMX.

The Vue lives on a pole on the gatepost about 20 meters from the house and the AirLink is currently fastened to a downspout on the house until I sort out a better location and power for it.
So a couple of questions
  • What is the best way of displaying the data online, I'm pushing the CMX files to a webserver and that all works fine, but is there anything better web-wise to dispaly the weather data?
  • Has anyone come up with a workaround for Tweeting from the station? Mine stopped, like many others, a good while ago and I've not managed to get it working again. is IFTTT an option?
  • Is there anything I can do with the physical setup to make it better? Obviously I could upgrade to a better station etc., but is there anything I could/should do with the current setup?
Ok three actually :lol:
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Re: Best set up

Post by rogerthn »

Mike_Rawlins wrote: Sun 04 Oct 2020 11:18 am
  • What is the best way of displaying the data online, I'm pushing the CMX files to a webserver and that all works fine, but is there anything better web-wise to dispaly the weather data?
MayBe CumulusUtils
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Best set up

Post by PaulMy »

So a couple of questions
What is the best way of displaying the data online, I'm pushing the CMX files to a webserver and that all works fine, but is there anything better web-wise to dispaly the weather data?
Has anyone come up with a workaround for Tweeting from the station? Mine stopped, like many others, a good while ago and I've not managed to get it working again. is IFTTT an option?
Is there anything I can do with the physical setup to make it better? Obviously I could upgrade to a better station etc., but is there anything I could/should do with the current setup?
1. Presumably are are using the standard Cumulus template that do a very good job in displaying your station's local weather. There are several third-party options that work great with CumulusMX like the mentioned Cumulusutils www.komokaweather.com/cumulusutils/index.html and also the MXUIwebsite that mimics CumulusMX dashboard... www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.php and more.
2. If you are uploading to WeatherCloud through CumulusMX you can then have WC send tweets https://twitter.com/KomokaWeather

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm