Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Weather Station

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
callum91
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Weather Station

Post by callum91 »

Hello

Does anyone on here keep paper based records or some form of electronic records (outside of Cumulus) for their daily observations?

I was also wondering if anyone keeps a Metadata file about their weather station.

Regards

Callum
WestOz
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR88A
Operating System: Windows 10 (64bit)

Re: Weather Station

Post by WestOz »

Hi Callum

Yes, I keep Excel Spreadsheets, one for each month, of the official Bureau of Meteorology (Australian) figures. I started this long before I had a weather station and just kept it going. It's interesting to compare my figures with the official ones.

The website I use is http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60801 ... 4604.shtml I just cut and paste the figures into my spreadsheet, then do a few small calcs to get max/min, rainfall etc.

Regards

Ian
on the Indian Ocean coast of Western Australia (down the bottom left-hand corner of Oz)
callum91
Weather Station: WMR88
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Weather Station

Post by callum91 »

Thanks - I'm just looking for ideas really.

Does anyone keep paper records (like a logbook) or some form of electronic record of observations made using their own weather station and do they make observations which include weather and visibility for example at 9:00 every day?