Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Youshiko Weather Station

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
magsys
Weather Station: Fine Offset and Youshiko
Operating System: Windows

Youshiko Weather Station

Post by magsys »

Has anyone asked about getting support for the Youshiko YC9388 weather station?

I've been using Cumulus with a Fine Offset for several years, but it's now died so been replaced. The Youshiko Weather Tool software is really just real time, no min/max temperature, unless you export the receiver memory to a text file and read it.

Cumulus sees the Youshiko as a Fine Offset (because it has the same VID/PID) but does not recognise the data packet format and gives errors instead. So probably just a different packet format.

Provided Youshiko release the protocol, I'd be happy to updated Cumulus v1 if the source code was ever made available, I'm a Delphi developer and v1 includes Delphi FTP code that I wrote, albeit an old version.

I could use v3, I don't write C# but it is similar to Delphi, but it seems a work in progress, the server can not even be installed as a Windows service to run automatically, unless I've missed something, that is half a days work.

Angus
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Youshiko Weather Station

Post by water01 »

Source to Cumulus 1 will never be released since the original developer (Steve) used proprietary software that he had permission to use and release in an executable only.

CumulusMX source is availble on the GitHub but I suggest if you try to modify that you liaise Mark Crossley who is the primary lead Developer.
David