Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Interference on 433Mhz ?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: Interference on 433Mhz ?

Post by Super-T »

Under 100 mWatts to meet regulations I think. In NZ you need to register transmitters over 100mW but I am sure the radio hams on here will know better.

It just seems to me that it is easier to prove out the weather station than the 33Kv line. I like to take the simple approach when fault finding.

I just had a customer contact me from Australia and he was having problems with the transmitter dropping out....said he had changed the batteries but not new ones. I told him to go buy the best quality Alkaline he could find and try them.....problem solved. Also told him to install Cumulus and read the forum.
akasonny
Weather Station: Zephyr TD-1000
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by akasonny »

Terry,
I grant you its often the best approach to look for the simplest first. However, in this case, the question remains which is simpler...having a quick check done by the power company or relocating your entire weather station.

I'm one of those believers that high-voltage lines are dangerous to biological things as well as mechanical things by the sheer amount of radiation they can produce if and when they're improperly installed and/or maintained. So my concern is also for the station owner and anything/anybody else in the immediate proximity.

Behing a ham myself, I know the solution often lies in more than one answer...often the simplest...sometimes a combination of solutions. Experience with 33KV lines has led me to always be suspicious of them. I refuse to live within a mile of 'em. It'll be easy to rule that out if it checks out ok. Then its time to find Sherlock Holmes for help. :lol:
Super-T wrote:It just seems to me that it is easier to prove out the weather station than the 33Kv line. I like to take the simple approach when fault finding..
beeman
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Post by beeman »

I mentioned in an earlier post that I will pop the batteries from the transmitters in the weather station to see what effect, if any, that has on the oil sensor.

I'll also ask my neighbour at the end of the lane if they have the same oil sensor and do a swap.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Dave
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Post by tomcatuk »

Amateur Radio band 430.0000-440.0000MHz
Regards Steve
beeman
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Solved ??

Post by beeman »

so the oil sensor has been stable for the last week ...

What did I do? Nothing :shock:

It seems to need about 3 days to settle and give a stable reading. I just didn't give it long enough as I was for ever pulling the sensor out and moving it to another socket. I'm sure it can't be normal for it to take 3 days to become stable but now it's working, I'm not complaining.

Many thanks to you all for your suggestions and support.

Dave
akasonny
Weather Station: Zephyr TD-1000
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by akasonny »

Glad its working, Dave.

I guess we left out the most simple fix for your problem....don't fix it if it isn't broken. :lol: