Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Davis Vantage Pro2 Signal Issues

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Grimers
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

Davis Vantage Pro2 Signal Issues

Post by Grimers »

Hi all,

I hope you're well.

Well, this issue has been going on for months and can't seem to fix (or more to the point find what's causing) the problem.

My Davis Vantage Pro2 console has been struggling routinely to get a good signal, sometimes the signal gets through fine (99/100% received packets), but some days it has dipped way below that level. I have eliminated everything in the local environment as much as I can (turning everything off in the study where the console is placed as well as in the next room which is the only one between the study and the ISS), but this doesn't improve the signal strength one bit.

I can't seem to get a signal strength of more than ~35 in the study, which is only approx. 10 meters away from the ISS. This is obviously why the signal is struggling sometimes. There is only one room and two walls between the console and the ISS, this I assume is not a problem. If I go outside, the stats improve but only if I'm next to the ISS. Both the console and ISS board have been replaced, and I have also tried different channels.

Sorry for the long post, but really starting to get fed up with this problem, so I hope you have some ideas.

Thanks,

Will
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: Davis Vantage Pro2 Signal Issues

Post by RayProudfoot »

I know John Dann of ProData visits the forum from time to time but if you want a quick answer it might be best to contact your supplier. I bought from ProData and their knowledge is excellent. I have no idea about how to resolve your problem, sorry.
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

Grimers

Post by Grimers »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your quick reply! I hope you're well! Yeah, I've contacted my supplier and they are also stumped. I hope John can help.

Cheers,

Will
Grimers

Post by Grimers »

Does anyone know of a contact number for Davis which can be used in the UK?
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

They have no UK offices. You would have to ring the US number. An email may be cheaper.

https://support.davisinstruments.com/?_ ... 1572277104
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.