Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX release 3.6.5 (build 3081) - 28 May 2020 (please see important announcement regarding releases since 3.5.0)
Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of the NOAA report and Snow Index drop-down menus to 2030)

See the Wiki to download the software or click on the Downloads link in the Forum Banner.

Rasberry PI HELP

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
NathanRN
Weather Station: Davies Vantage pro
Operating System: 10

Rasberry PI HELP

Post by NathanRN »

Hi from Australia,
I need help and I aplogies if this has been asked before.
Very new to this and looking for a solution.
I manage a large fire station in Sydney Australia, we have a Davies Weather Vantage Pro plus a Data logger (connected by ethernet) this weather data is put on the web and we use Weathelink to display the current weather conditions on a large Mointor in our station (through a PC).
I would like to remove the pc and use Raspberry PI instead (display weatherlink graph etc of current weather and get the data sent to the Internet)
IS there anyway I can do this?????Any help is appricated!
Cheers
Nathan

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Buster Lite rPi

Re: Rasberry PI HELP

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry I'm no expert in WL, but...

If you have an IP data logger that is already uploading to WL, is then all you need a web browser to display the data from the WL web site? You could even use a Smart TV or a Roku/Chromecast or other "stick" that has a browser built-in plugged into your existing monitor if it has HDMI input?

Just trying to think of a simple solution that avoids the need for custom building anything.