Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1080 identifying ic

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
dupe
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows XP

WH1080 identifying ic

Post by dupe »

Hi I'm trying to identify one of the IC's on the component side of the receiver console circuit board. This is the only four pin chip but can't read it's type number. it's situated close to the battery contacts board solder points, the solder tracks have two foot prints as though manufactured for two different chip packages. Is this an eeprom device or op_amp? Any help would be appreciated. Also I'mlooking for anybody whomay have a scrap wh1080 console 433mhz. Thanks for any help on this one.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: WH1080 identifying ic

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,
dupe wrote: This is the only four pin chip but can't read it's type number. it's situated close to the battery contacts board solder points,
Do you mean a 4-pin module or an 8-pin integrated circuit (4 pins each side) or something else?

Have you seen the "The inside of...." sticky thread(s) at the top of the Fine Offset section? Those photos are quite old and unfortunately there are several different types of Hardware and firmware (not just different frequencies but also different wireless protocols, etc.) even for devices with the same model number. The 1080 and 1081 differ only by the Radio Controlled Clock facility (in the 1080 transmitter).

Thus it can be very difficult to obtain a compatible replacement for the wireless parts of these stations (the other sensors are generally interchangeable). It's almost never worthwhile to attempt to buy a "new" replacement Console, because a completely new FO station kit often costs little more when "On Offer".

Cheers, Alan.
dupe

Post by dupe »

Hi Allan... thanks for your reply.
My mistake it's a SMT DIL 8 pin chip, just can't work out the type number pins 1 & 2 are linked 3 & 4 are also linked and are connected to ground and Pin 8 is supply V+
dupe

Post by dupe »

AllyCat wrote:Hi,
dupe wrote: This is the only four pin chip but can't read it's type number. it's situated close to the battery contacts board solder points,
Do you mean a 4-pin module or an 8-pin integrated circuit (4 pins each side) or something else?

Have you seen the "The inside of...." sticky thread(s) at the top of the Fine Offset section? Those photos are quite old and unfortunately there are several different types of Hardware and firmware (not just different frequencies but also different wireless protocols, etc.) even for devices with the same model number. The 1080 and 1081 differ only by the Radio Controlled Clock facility (in the 1080 transmitter).

Thus it can be very difficult to obtain a compatible replacement for the wireless parts of these stations (the other sensors are generally interchangeable). It's almost never worthwhile to attempt to buy a "new" replacement Console, because a completely new FO station kit often costs little more when "On Offer".

Cheers, Alan.
Hi Allan, scroll down 11 images and you can see the chip I'm refering to. The 8 pin SMT DIL chip.
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, I believe that's the serial EEPROM chip and we know/guess that it's 64 kbytes (just over 4000 records of 16 bytes).

But it might use either an SPI or an I2C bus protocol and I don't have a Console "open" at the moment. Perhaps somebody else knows, or maybe I'll take all those screws out of the back of one sometime soon (but I might not be able to read mine either). ;)

Cheers, Alan.