Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Fine offset set up

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
dupe
Weather Station: WH1080
Operating System: Windows XP

Fine offset set up

Post by dupe »

Please forgive me if I'm in the wrong section. I have a Fine offset station (WH1080) for several years which has given me good service. The only mod I carried out was to improve the station antenna with an external stub. My problem is as follows... I recently cleared the station data by mistake and now when I go into setup and save I get 'data not saved try again' message. Several version of Easy Weather have been released over the past few years but the only version is the original vesion I have partial success with which came on a CD way back. I can get most of the set up settings to save on the station by the following method.
1) Remove batteries and power up station via USB from PC
2) Call set up and make changes to be saved on station.
3) Select save but before pressing YES box to save settings unplug USB lead to kill station.
4) Plug back USB lead from PC into station and without delay hit YES to save settings... this is the only method I've found to restore my settings, and even this way doesn't save all configurations as set.
Has anyone else had similar issues where set up on this station has not been without problems or had a 'try again' window appear when going through the set up sequence. Appreciate any help please.. Kind Regards Dupe
dupe

Re: Fine offset set up

Post by dupe »

The console is not saving any set up data, if I remove the batteries and re insert (i.e. reset) the data is not saved! I can get the console to partly retain some config settings by selecting save within the first few seconds of re powering up the console. Other parameters I select however won't change.
I'm begining to realise this is not a fixable problem. My next thoughts is to consider building my own receiver?
Does anyone else have a homebuilt station based on the same WH1080 transmitter operating reliably if so please advise..that's if this site is still currently active?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

I am not at all sure what you are trying to do. If you trying to configure the console (i.e. how rain, pressure and wind are measured (mm/in, hPa etc.etc)) this is done through the touchscreen of the console not via a computer program as far as I am aware.

If you are trying to set the interval at which the console saves data received to the logger memory this is either done via EasyWeather or Steve's program (Set Logger Interval available here http://sandaysoft.com/downloads) and can only be done when Cumulus is not loaded.
David
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Yes, I understood that you are trying to use the Easyweather software to set the Console, but unfortunately almost nobody on this forum ever uses Easyweather, because Steve's Cumulus software is so much better (for the primary purpose of logging weather data). ;)

As David (water01) says above, nearly all the settings can be set via the touchscreen (the instruction manual is somwhere on this site, but I don't recall where), except the logging interval, for which Steve has written a very convenient app. to use when Cumulus is not running.

All I can really suggest is for you to see if any settings made via the touchscreen are retained after a reset. If not, then I think we must assume that the Console has become faulty. There have been several versions of Easyweather (I believe the current version is called Easyweather Plus), perhaps you need an earlier version, but maybe that's not compatible with later versions of Windows?

Some people have received data from the Fine Offset transmitters using a Raspberry Pi, in particular Kevin Sangeelee (ksangeelee on this forum), for example here.

For a complete DIY station see the Weatherduino project, but that (currently) does not receive the Fine Offset wireless protocol. Maybe somebody will convert it sometime. ;)

Cheers, Alan.
dupe

Post by dupe »

water01 wrote:I am not at all sure what you are trying to do. If you trying to configure the console (i.e. how rain, pressure and wind are measured (mm/in, hPa etc.etc)) this is done through the touchscreen of the console not via a computer program as far as I am aware.

If you are trying to set the interval at which the console saves data received to the logger memory this is either done via EasyWeather or Steve's program (Set Logger Interval available here http://sandaysoft.com/downloads) and can only be done when Cumulus is not loaded.
Hi Thanks for your reply.. The touch screen got damaged so I had to remove it, however you can use EasyWeather shipped with these stations to alter the way data is displayed either on the console or PC. Using the set up screen on Easy Weather the measurements can be altered and saved on the station consol i.e. mph kmh ms and likewise temperature F or C etc. The problem I have is when I have completed my settings and go to save I get a message 'not saving' try again!
CUMULUS is far better than Easyweather but you can't alter and save data on the console itself.
dupe

Post by dupe »

AllyCat wrote:Hi,

Yes, I understood that you are trying to use the Easyweather software to set the Console, but unfortunately almost nobody on this forum ever uses Easyweather, because Steve's Cumulus software is so much better (for the primary purpose of logging weather data). ;)

As David (water01) says above, nearly all the settings can be set via the touchscreen (the instruction manual is somwhere on this site, but I don't recall where), except the logging interval, for which Steve has written a very convenient app. to use when Cumulus is not running.

All I can really suggest is for you to see if any settings made via the touchscreen are retained after a reset. If not, then I think we must assume that the Console has become faulty. There have been several versions of Easyweather (I believe the current version is called Easyweather Plus), perhaps you need an earlier version, but maybe that's not compatible with later versions of Windows?

Some people have received data from the Fine Offset transmitters using a Raspberry Pi, in particular Kevin Sangeelee (ksangeelee on this forum), for example here.

For a complete DIY station see the Weatherduino project, but that (currently) does not receive the Fine Offset wireless protocol. Maybe somebody will convert it sometime. ;)

Cheers, Alan.
Thanks for your reply.. The WH1080 reveivers are renowned for various faults and problems, this station has worked well without issues other than fitting an external aerial stub to improve reception. It was only when I cleared the saved data tab on the history window that this problem came to light!
I've also now noticed the barometer has also malfunctioned. The glass touch screen got damaged so don't know if settings can be altered via that.
BTW if anybody has a scrap unit with a good touch screen I would be interested, otherwise I think i'ts heading for the spares bin.