Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Thick or what?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
geoffp
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR 200
Operating System: Windows 7

Thick or what?

Post by geoffp »

Yesterday I purchased a new unused Davis Vantage Pro complete with Tripod stand, but now I think it is going to cost me a fair bit to get it to talk to Cumulus, can anyone please advise this thicko what I need for the Pro to talk to Cumulus, ALL help will be welcome
Regards,

Geoff

WOW Site No. 147808
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Thick or what?

Post by water01 »

I think you need a data logger Geoff to allow it to talk to Cumulus. You can either buy the Davis one or I think someone on the web site is offering a purpose built one that works just as well.
David
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Re: Thick or what?

Post by Mapantz »

Hi Geoff

Like water01 said.. you occasionally see a good deal on eBay for a second hand logger, or you could go for belfryboy's version:

http://belfryboyweatherbits.blogspot.co ... ogger.html

I read somewhere recently, that he has been able to make them cheaper, so the sale price is cheaper. And, they have a new 3d printed cover filler, which makes it look really good. I think he's UK based?!

I've heard good things about his clones, so it may be worth looking in to. :)