Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

915 MHz Repeater

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Jsears
Weather Station: Wetherwise WS-1080
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Re: 915 MHz Repeater

Post by Jsears »

I did it. And I fear that I got exactly what I was afraid of. Instead of a unit that worked intermittently, I now have one that doesn't receive at all. Even when I take it outside to within 50 feet or so of the sending unit, it won't get a signal. So I removed the 13" wire and replaced it with the 3" wire that was on it originally, and guess what. It still don't work. I should know better than to mess with stuff that I know nothing about.

But I do appreciate the time that you guys took to try and walk me through it.

Jim
AllyCat
Weather Station: Fine Offset 1080/1 & 3080
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by AllyCat »

Hi,

Even 50 feet range sometimes can be quite optimistic for those stations, I'd start my testing at perhaps 10 feet. Also remember that you must reset the receiver (remove/replace batteries and the USB cable) whenever any changes (including removing/replacing the battery) are made to the transmitter.

Unfortunately I didn't see your previous post (in time) on page 1, but I would have recommended first trying to measure the resistance between the receiver earths and the negative battery terminal (might be up to some tens of ohms) and also between each of them and the original antenna wire/pin (possibly/hopefully very high). Then see if there is any (dc) voltage on the antenna wire relative to any of those "earths" when the batteries are inserted.

Personally, I wouldn't give up all hope just yet, but as you implied before, doing all this by "remote control" is not easy.

Cheers, Alan.
Jsears
Weather Station: Wetherwise WS-1080
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Post by Jsears »

I believe I'm just gonna mark this one up as a lesson learned. This unit is pretty old, and I was never really all that impressed with it from the get go. Maybe time to start shopping. Wish I had the money for a nice Davis setup. But alas....

Thanks again.

Jim