Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

N96FY Transmitter failure

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

N96FY Transmitter failure

Post by Worf »

The transmitter failed to transmit to my base station recently. On inspection and after removing and reinserting batteries the red led on the unit remained on all the time. I ordered a replacement from Maplins, but after a day I thought I would try the old transmitter again. After 24 hours in the house it seems to be working perfectly again!
The unit is in quite an exposed position (garage roof) and it has been very damp, still and misty for a few days, so I imagine it was a damp problem. Has anyone had any success "weatherproofing" the transmitter, or should I just try to position it in a less exposed place?I take it that the "vent" by the led is for the humidity sensor, so cant be sealed.
Many thanks
Super-T
Weather Station: wh-1081
Operating System: Weather Laptop - Windows 10 Pro

Re: N96FY Transmitter failure

Post by Super-T »

You could try putting it under the eaves and smearing the battery compartment lid with vaseline.
Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Re: N96FY Transmitter failure

Post by Worf »

Now moved and "waterproofed" as you suggested. We will see what happens!
Many thanks.