Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WU bulk update of Cumulus data

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
KarlS
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 / WH32 / WH41
Operating System: 64bit Bookworm on Pi4

WU bulk update of Cumulus data

Post by KarlS »

I have been running Cumulus since October 2010, but never bothered to upload the data to Wunderground. A few days ago I finally registered my weather station with WU and now Cumulus updates my account every 10 minutes. Now: wouldn't it be nice to be able to upload all my historical data to WU?!

I searched the WU site but found no answer to my question. On the WU Wiki I found the PWS upload protocol and wrote a small script to read the Dec14log.txt file and generate the appropriate HTTP requests. I successfully uploaded the missing first 4 days of December; however it took about 25 minutes to process the about 600 log records. I don’t know if this is due to my rather slow internet connection, but uploading the remaining 220,000 log records this way seems ridiculous.

Has anybody had this problem before and found a 'doable' solution?
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WU bulk update of Cumulus data

Post by steve »

I don't think WU has a 'bulk upload' facility, so I think that however you do it, the limiting factor will be the speed of response of the WU server to each update. I typically find an update takes around 5 seconds, and you're getting twice that speed.

I wonder how the WU server would respond if you sent multiple updates in parallel?
Steve
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: WU bulk update of Cumulus data

Post by mcrossley »

There is no bulk upload that I am aware of, I have a spreadsheet that performs the uploads from the data files, it varies but a couple of updates a second is probably the best I have got out of it.