Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

worst job!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Re: worst job!

Post by RayProudfoot »

steve wrote:This morning they've announced that they plan to make 10% of the UK staff redundant, so I may not have a boring job for much longer anyway :(
Sorry to hear that Steve. Look at it another way - 90% of staff will keep their jobs. If you're a betting man 1-9 odds of keeping your job are pretty safe.

Keep us updated. BTW, I noticed on Wiki the news about C2. Sounds good. :)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

RayProudfoot wrote:Sorry to hear that Steve. Look at it another way - 90% of staff will keep their jobs. If you're a betting man 1-9 odds of keeping your job are pretty safe.
We're told that our department isn't affected. As we're the most profitable part of the company, you might have expected that, but it still came as a bit of a surprise. And given that it's in the news, you can now work out who I work for, if you hadn't already :)
I noticed on Wiki the news about C2. Sounds good. :)
The end of August date for the 'preview' is looking highly unlikely now, but I'm making good progress.
Steve
RayProudfoot
Weather Station: Davis VP2 with Daytime FARS
Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Post by RayProudfoot »

steve wrote:We're told that our department isn't affected. As we're the most profitable part of the company, you might have expected that, but it still came as a bit of a surprise. And given that it's in the news, you can now work out who I work for, if you hadn't already :)
Shortly after posting my message I saw the BBC1 news. I'm guessing you woek for Fujitsu. They're not part of EDS are they? Anyway, that's excellent news. :D
steve wrote:The end of August date for the 'preview' is looking highly unlikely now, but I'm making good progress.
Bad news followed by good news. No worries. I test fight sim software and the line they use when asked when it will be available is "Quality not calendar". Take your time. :)
Cheers,
Ray, Cheshire.

daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

I see EDS is no more -- now part of the HP Enterprise Brand as of today
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi