Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Anyone fancy a Wiki?!

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Anyone fancy a Wiki?!

Post by daj »

Had an idea -- I get so many, LOL

Anyway, what about a Cumulus Wiki? I think it would be a great place to store all our knowledge, tips, addons, scripts, etc

I'm happy to host it.

Of course this is assuming that Steve 'the man' is cool with it?

Thoughts? Feel free to blast the idea if you think it is not worth the effort. I'm not of a sensitive nature, lol
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Anyone fancy a Wiki?!

Post by steve »

I'm happy for it to exist if you're happy to administer it :)

I think I would prefer it if it was hosted on the Sandaysoft server; I can install the software (MediaWiki is available as a "one-click" install) and then you can take over running it?

I have no experience of running a Wiki whatsoever; how do you stop spam?
Steve
daj

Post by daj »

steve wrote:I'm happy for it to exist if you're happy to administer it :)
Sure
I think I would prefer it if it was hosted on the Sandaysoft server; I can install the software (MediaWiki is available as a "one-click" install) and then you can take over running it?
Ideal
I have no experience of running a Wiki whatsoever; how do you stop spam?
At the very least we can stop anonymous users from editing any page. We can also manually activate new signups
David
kippfordweather.uk
daj

Post by daj »

Just a quick update folks....

Steve has installed the Wiki Software on his servers and I am in the process of configuring it.

We will run a slightly non-traditional Wiki. Normally they are open to anyone to edit as they see fit, even without registration.

The way I see our Wiki running......there will be certain pages which are locked down and only editable by Admin; other pages can be edited/created by anyone who is registered; if you are not registered you can only read the articles.

Our aim is simply to stop spam, misinformation, malicious editing. The big wiki's allow anyone to edit but they have a huge userbase who constantly watch and amend the 'rubbish'. I think that given our size we need some control.

Does this sound fair? Answers on a postcard, or using the Reply button!
David
kippfordweather.uk