Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

wh1081 / maplin N96FY pressure bar chart

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
ian radley
Weather Station: WH1081 / Maplin NH96FY

wh1081 / maplin N96FY pressure bar chart

Post by ian radley »

hi , i'm completely new to this... have just bought a wh1081 and all seems fine but the air pressure bar chart on the supplied console cylcles through the 24 hr history from right to left on the screen constantly. is it supposed to do this? can i stop it to show a constant chart over the last day? any help greatly appreciated.

any other tips for a complete beginner great too - thanks

the unit came with easy weather but have been advised to go for culmbus
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: wh1081 / maplin N96FY pressure bar chart

Post by steve »

I think the only thing you can do with the bar graph is to change between the previous 12 hours and 24 hours. I don't know why it does that animation thing; it doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

(Edited to fix typos :roll: )
Steve
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

many thanks Steve ... looks like i'm stuck with it!
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

What we really need is for some clever person to work out how to hack the firmware in these things :)
Steve
daj
Weather Station: WH1081
Operating System: Pi & MX

Post by daj »

ian radley wrote:hi , i'm completely new to this... have just bought a wh1081 and all seems fine but the air pressure bar chart on the supplied console cylcles through the 24 hr history from right to left on the screen constantly. is it supposed to do this? can i stop it to show a constant chart over the last day? any help greatly appreciated.
Mine does that too -- I thought it was a fault at first but I bought a second one and it did the same thing!
any other tips for a complete beginner great too - thanks

the unit came with easy weather but have been advised to go for culmbus
Stick with Cumulus -- the way ahead (oh, and give Steve a wee donation for his great efforts ;) )

Also, make sure your rain gauge is on something solid. I had it at the top of a 8foot pole with my other instruments but when it was windy the gauge recorded rain. Make use of the long cable and keep the rain gauge nearer the ground on something solid.
David
kippfordweather.uk
Cumulus MX & Raspberry Pi
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

thanks for the advice. i've set the rain gauge quite low - i'm hoping because i've bolted the pole to the garage it should be stable . had it working first time last night in its correct location and all seemed well. just need to connect to pc and download data.

one question i still have is regarding the 'tendency' feature left middle of the console. it seems to be a type of weather forecast but it is adjustable by me? why is that? also on the same feature - you can adjust 2 values - i think they are mmhg, one value is adjustable between 1 - 4 (default 2) and the other is between ( i think ) 4 - 9 default 6. what are these for??

another question - can i set altitude with this system - i have the pressure readings on relative , so does it matter??

many thanks again

ian
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

ian radley wrote:one question i still have is regarding the 'tendency' feature left middle of the console. it seems to be a type of weather forecast but it is adjustable by me? why is that?
I hadn't noticed that - I haven't played with the console very much at all, to be honest. I don't understand why you can adjust the forecast icon.
also on the same feature - you can adjust 2 values - i think they are mmhg, one value is adjustable between 1 - 4 (default 2) and the other is between ( i think ) 4 - 9 default 6. what are these for??
Yes, the manual doesn't explain what they're for, does it? Just says that they are the 'pressure threshold' and 'storm threshold', but doesn't say how they are used. Perhaps they control when the pressure tendency arrow appears?
another question - can i set altitude with this system - i have the pressure readings on relative , so does it matter??
There's no altitude setting - when you calibrate the relative pressure you're basically compensating for altitude.
Steve
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

... one question i still have is regarding the 'tendency' feature left middle of the console. it seems to be a type of weather forecast but it is adjustable by me? why is that? also on the same feature - you can adjust 2 values - i think they are mmhg, one value is adjustable between 1 - 4 (default 2) and the other is between ( i think ) 4 - 9 default 6. what are these for?? ...
Sounds a bit like the LaCrosse 23xx

"Notes to hPa sensitivity setting for weather forecasting:
The hPa pressure sensitivity can be set to suit the users requirement for weather forecasting from 2hPa to 4hPa. For areas that experience frequent changes in air pressure (which does not necessarily reflect a change in the weather) requires a higher hPa setting compared to an area where the air pressure is stagnant. For example if 3hPa is selected, then there must be a fall or rise in air pressure of at least 3hPa before the weather station will register this as a change in weather"

This is the change over the stations 'trend' period - in the case of the LaCrosse it's 6 hours.

In the same way, the second value is your 'Storm Warning' ie. If the air pressure drop is equal or greater than the set value over the trend period, whatever icon you have for storm / heavy rain will be displayed.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

thanks again .. last question honest

how do i calibrate the relative??
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Touch the pressure section three times, then use + and - to adjust. Use a reading taken from a station close to you, preferably during a period of stable pressure (i.e. a large 'high').
Steve
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

thanks again Steve

ian
apenwith
Weather Station: w8681 BlakeLarsen Sun Recorder
Operating System: Windows 7 SP1

Post by apenwith »

Hi
Ian back on page one said his rain gauge was still on a pole. Trouble is the wind gets into the
drain holes underneath and tips the bucket so it is best to fix it on a flat level surface. If his
garage has aflat roof - ideal.
Regards Alan
hungerdunger
Weather Station: Maplin N96GY (WH-1081)
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by hungerdunger »

steve wrote:Touch the pressure section three times, then use + and - to adjust. Use a reading taken from a station close to you, preferably during a period of stable pressure (i.e. a large 'high').
He's going to be waiting a long time! :(
Capel Dewi (Carmarthen) Weather Station:
https://twitter.com/CapelDewiWeathr
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

thanks again Steve
ian radley

Post by ian radley »

i thought that as soon as i saw it .. maybe next year hey!

i didn't realise there was a second page so i thanked people a few to many times - didn't think it had recorded it.....

with the garage - yep .. i was thinking about doing that - fixing it to a board on the garage to make it more stable

cheers