Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

WH1080 Pressure issue

Talk about anything that doesn't fit elsewhere - PLEASE don't put Cumulus queries in here!
dtrewren
Weather Station: Watson 1080

WH1080 Pressure issue

Post by dtrewren »

Hi,

I am a new user, having just setup a WH1080 station. I have noticed that the pressure
output seems to be reading low compared with other stations in the area (Bristol). For
example today 23/6/09 I am getting readings of around 1017mb whereas other stations
in the area are getting more like 1025mb.

Is this level of error to be expected ?

I have fixed the issue with an offset and am hoping the corrected reading will now be correct. Was
wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue ?

site : www.dt-space.co.uk/weather

(note the site is displaying the corrected value)

Cheers,

Dave
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: WH1080 Pressure issue

Post by steve »

Have you configured the relative/absolute pressure setting in the station? This is to compensate for your height above sea level - instructions for doing this are in the manual. But looking at your web site, you've got your altitude as sea level, so maybe it's not that. You should probably still use the relative/absolute setting in the station to calibrate the barometer, rather than the offset in Cumulus.
Steve
dtrewren
Weather Station: Watson 1080

Re: WH1080 Pressure issue

Post by dtrewren »

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I suspect the sensor is out of spec a little bit - Davis kit it is not ...

I have switched the Rx console to relative and calibrated against a chap in the area using
said Davis (V2) kit. As long as the sensor has the correct response wrt pressure the absolute
output should not be an issue.

Of course, still have to fix the temperature sensor reading high and the wind direction vane spinning
like a top - wouldn't be any fun if everything worked 100 % !

Thanks again,

Dave